Welcome to Katz - Pinoy Underground Forum

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
  • Compact Safety Notice
  • Weekly Grants Lottery is live! Win a 20,000 ₪ jackpot — tickets are just 30 ₪, drawn every week. Buy your tickets »

How To Stop Chrome From Killing Your Computer

I 0

ilovekhasly

Transcendent
BANNED
Member
Access
Banned
Joined
Nov 18, 2023
Messages
37
Reaction score
3
Points
8
grants
₲159
How To Stop Chrome From Killing Your Computer

chrome-eating-ram.jpg


There was a time when I loved my Chrome browser very much, but from the first day of my blogging life, when I had to open lots of tabs to see different websites and multitask, I started realizing that this browser would kill my PC one day. Also, after seeing peoples negative reaction towards Chrome browser whenever we wrote something about it, I convinced myself that my opinions were right. This is a no denying fact that Chrome Browser is a RAM killer.

After searching a lot on the internet, I couldn’t find a single thing that could save my PC from the wrath of Chrome. So I switched to Firefox. Firefox is a great browser but if you wish to open lots of tabs, it hangs badly and the problem is still the same.

Recently, I stumbled upon with this extension called The Great Suspender and I think I am in love with my Chrome Browser again.

The Great Suspender is an easy-to-use tool. You just need to download and install the extension from Chrome Web Store. Once installed, you can set the time after which you want to suspend the tab. Tabs which are not in use will be suspended once crossed that time limit, which will again be activated when you click anywhere on the page.

great-suspender-settings.jpg


You can also set the list of websites that you don’t want to be suspended even after the time limit you set earlier. Also, you are all free to remove any site from whitelist.

great-suspender.jpg


If you were a regular Chrome user in past, this extension is worth trying and it’s possible that you would start loving your Chrome browser again.

SOURCE: Log in or register to view links
Wow since when did chrome start killing pc/laptop its pretty much on you for not having enough ram an too manu tabs opej
 
N 477

nagoya

Abecedarian
Member
Access
Member
Access
2 Year Silver Member 2y Silver
Joined
Jan 26, 2024
Messages
84
Reaction score
130
Points
33
grants
₲68
any of you have any chrome browser alternative? I'm planning on removing chrome because of the ram-killing issue and I don't have any plan on using extensions just to use chrome because I use a lot of tabs when I'm working lolol
 
S 0

saamp123

Transcendent
BANNED
Member
Access
Banned
Joined
Jan 27, 2024
Messages
31
Reaction score
3
Points
8
grants
₲93
offload the extensions you are not using.. the extensions also consume memory
 
P 208

Profility

Transcendent
Member
Access
Member
Access
3 Year Silver Member 3y Silver
Joined
Aug 20, 2023
Messages
40
Reaction score
5
Points
8
grants
₲217
The Great Suspender is indeed a very good extension for handling Chrome's extreme memory usage but I also can suggest trying out different browsers such as Brave which has a built-in feature that does the same exact thing as this extension and has less memory usage than Chrome.

Nice contribution!
 
Top Bottom