Welcome to Katz - Pinoy Underground Forum

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
  • Compact Safety Notice
  • Weekly Grants Lottery is live! Win a 20,000 ₪ jackpot — tickets are just 30 ₪, drawn every week. Buy your tickets »

How To Stop Chrome From Killing Your Computer

B 158

bobsmith22211

Transcendent
Member
Access
Member
Access
2 Year Silver Member 2y Silver
Joined
Sep 20, 2024
Messages
48
Reaction score
2
Points
6
grants
₲165
How To Stop Chrome From Killing Your Computer

chrome-eating-ram.jpg


There was a time when I loved my Chrome browser very much, but from the first day of my blogging life, when I had to open lots of tabs to see different websites and multitask, I started realizing that this browser would kill my PC one day. Also, after seeing peoples negative reaction towards Chrome browser whenever we wrote something about it, I convinced myself that my opinions were right. This is a no denying fact that Chrome Browser is a RAM killer.

After searching a lot on the internet, I couldn’t find a single thing that could save my PC from the wrath of Chrome. So I switched to Firefox. Firefox is a great browser but if you wish to open lots of tabs, it hangs badly and the problem is still the same.

Recently, I stumbled upon with this extension called The Great Suspender and I think I am in love with my Chrome Browser again.

The Great Suspender is an easy-to-use tool. You just need to download and install the extension from Chrome Web Store. Once installed, you can set the time after which you want to suspend the tab. Tabs which are not in use will be suspended once crossed that time limit, which will again be activated when you click anywhere on the page.

great-suspender-settings.jpg


You can also set the list of websites that you don’t want to be suspended even after the time limit you set earlier. Also, you are all free to remove any site from whitelist.

great-suspender.jpg


If you were a regular Chrome user in past, this extension is worth trying and it’s possible that you would start loving your Chrome browser again.

SOURCE: Log in or register to view links
very nice write up thank you
 
K 108

King003

Transcendent
Member
Access
Member
Access
1 Year Bronze Member 1y Bronze
Joined
Sep 30, 2024
Messages
44
Reaction score
3
Points
8
grants
₲70
uy matry nga to kahit matagal na baka working pa
 
L 103

Labrbtri

Transcendent
Member
Access
Member
Access
1 Year Bronze Member 1y Bronze
Joined
May 10, 2025
Messages
43
Reaction score
1
Points
8
grants
₲100
Wow, I never even knew about this. Thank you very much.
 
Top Bottom