Welcome to Katz - Pinoy Underground Forum

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
  • Compact Safety Notice
  • Weekly Grants Lottery is live! Win a 20,000 ₪ jackpot — tickets are just 30 ₪, drawn every week. Buy your tickets »

How To Stop Chrome From Killing Your Computer

F 376

Fizicake

Abecedarian
Member
Access
Member
Access
3 Year Silver Member 3y Silver
Joined
Jan 11, 2023
Messages
168
Reaction score
20
Points
18
Age
25
Location
Pasig
grants
₲1,004
Thanks for the info. Grabe rin talaga makakain ng ram ang chrome wala pang masyadong tabs at bumabagal na agad laptop ko dati
 
J 196

jaetor

Transcendent
Member
Access
Member
Access
3 Year Silver Member 3y Silver
Joined
Feb 1, 2023
Messages
34
Reaction score
2
Points
8
Age
33
Location
Bais
grants
₲249
I will try this. Thank you for the information!
 
M 229

mypubs

Abecedarian
Member
Access
Member
Access
3 Year Silver Member 3y Silver
Joined
Mar 17, 2023
Messages
69
Reaction score
1
Points
8
Age
34
Location
manila
grants
₲323
How To Stop Chrome From Killing Your Computer

chrome-eating-ram.jpg


There was a time when I loved my Chrome browser very much, but from the first day of my blogging life, when I had to open lots of tabs to see different websites and multitask, I started realizing that this browser would kill my PC one day. Also, after seeing peoples negative reaction towards Chrome browser whenever we wrote something about it, I convinced myself that my opinions were right. This is a no denying fact that Chrome Browser is a RAM killer.

After searching a lot on the internet, I couldn’t find a single thing that could save my PC from the wrath of Chrome. So I switched to Firefox. Firefox is a great browser but if you wish to open lots of tabs, it hangs badly and the problem is still the same.

Recently, I stumbled upon with this extension called The Great Suspender and I think I am in love with my Chrome Browser again.

The Great Suspender is an easy-to-use tool. You just need to download and install the extension from Chrome Web Store. Once installed, you can set the time after which you want to suspend the tab. Tabs which are not in use will be suspended once crossed that time limit, which will again be activated when you click anywhere on the page.

great-suspender-settings.jpg


You can also set the list of websites that you don’t want to be suspended even after the time limit you set earlier. Also, you are all free to remove any site from whitelist.

great-suspender.jpg


If you were a regular Chrome user in past, this extension is worth trying and it’s possible that you would start loving your Chrome browser again.

SOURCE: Log in or register to view links
thanks for this. chrome has been accumulating memory in my PC's. it just hurts my head when i open task manager and i see the memory alotted to chrome. madalas din mag freeze kapag low end na yung PC mo.
 
Top Bottom