Welcome to Katz - Pinoy Underground Forum

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
  • Compact Safety Notice
  • Weekly Grants Lottery is live! Win a 20,000 ₪ jackpot — tickets are just 30 ₪, drawn every week. Buy your tickets »

Hashing and Salting

G 0

gengarnegar123

Abecedarian
BANNED
Member
Access
Banned
Joined
Aug 7, 2023
Messages
51
Reaction score
10
Points
8
grants
₲382
I have a side project that I'm currently working on, I am new to programming and would like your opinion on hashing and salting. I am using C# ASP.NET for the backend and would like everyone's opinion on hashing and salting. Should I create a new property for storing the hashed and salted password?
 
G 152

gokigoks1

Transcendent
Member
Access
Member
Access
2 Year Silver Member 2y Silver
Joined
Feb 9, 2024
Messages
42
Reaction score
1
Points
8
grants
₲70
hashed password? All passwords are normally hashed and stored on the database po. And most commonly, ang salt ay defined globally through an Env file. sort of like a token of your app.
 
Top Bottom