Welcome to Katz - Pinoy Underground Forum

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?
  • Compact Safety Notice
  • Weekly Grants Lottery is live! Win a 20,000 ₪ jackpot — tickets are just 30 ₪, drawn every week. Buy your tickets »

What Makes a Game Addictive for You?

G 118

GabStream09

Abecedarian
Member
Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2026
Messages
116
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Age
33
Location
Philippines
grants
₲31
Hey everyone! I've been thinking about what really draws us into a game and keeps us hooked for hours. Is it the storyline, the gameplay mechanics, or maybe the community? For me, it's definitely a mix of a compelling story and engaging multiplayer. I'd love to hear your thoughts! What elements do you think make a game addictive?
 
A 179

amnesthesia

2nd Account
Member
Access
Member
Access
Joined
Mar 2, 2026
Messages
35
Reaction score
63
Points
18
Age
26
Location
nueva ecija
grants
₲358
Hey everyone! I've been thinking about what really draws us into a game and keeps us hooked for hours. Is it the storyline, the gameplay mechanics, or maybe the community? For me, it's definitely a mix of a compelling story and engaging multiplayer. I'd love to hear your thoughts! What elements do you think make a game addictive?
I think this depends a on the gamer’s apetite. While genres are a big part of it, some games within that genre can also not meet your standards.

Personally I like repretitive mini games that have a sense of progression, this I play to pass time, which sometimes becomes chronic…

Another is it’s degree of difficulty to play, I noticed some are just too lazy to learn other stuff and it’s because it does not hit the dopamine rush immediately unlike other games, so this makes it hard to learn. So other than the game itself, it’s the community.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RapidLesterx, PrimeDexter77 and BongGhost_ph
B 159

BatmanWolfxx

Abecedarian
Member
Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2026
Messages
156
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Age
46
Location
Philippines
grants
₲37
Totally get what you mean about the community! It really makes a difference when you can vibe with others while grinding through those mini games.
 
B 871

baetro

Squaddie
Member
Access
Member
Access
2 Year Silver Member 2y Silver
Joined
Jan 23, 2024
Messages
264
Reaction score
232
Points
43
grants
₲448
depends honestly for me the game is addictive if you can play it with your friends or you have friend to play it with
 
  • Like
  • Angry
Reactions: JaysonDownloader88, ProAndresxx, CrimsonNode and 2 others
S 44

SecretiveGh0st

Transcendent
Member
Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2026
Messages
15
Reaction score
35
Points
13
Location
somewhere
grants
₲214
Depends on if the game either has replayability or good story/mechanics that makes you play more
 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: JomarAdoboPH, PixelRicoako and ShadowAdobo77
Top Bottom