Welcome to Mobilarian Forum - Official Symbianize forum.

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Adventure Animation Action Comedy Romance Action Drama Fantasy MY TOP 10 FAV ANIME MOVIE OF ALL TIME

Alexhost
OP
Luckysaint 340

Luckysaint

ᴇxᴄᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴅᴏ
Ardent
Access
Reaction score
grants
₲23,646
1 years of service
MY FAVORITE ANIME MOVIE PT.1.jpg

MY TOP 10 FAVORITE ANIME OF ALL TIME (no chronological order) nahirapan ako i-rank XD since iba't ibang genre

Violet Evergarden Movie
Synopsis:
Several years have passed since the end of The Great War. As the radio tower in Leidenschaftlich continues to be built, telephones will soon become more relevant, leading to a decline in demand for "Auto Memory Dolls." Even so, Violet Evergarden continues to rise in fame after her constant success with writing letters. However, sometimes the one thing you long for is the one thing that does not appear.

Violet Evergarden Movie follows Violet as she continues to comprehend the concept of emotion and the meaning of love. At the same time, she pursues a glimmer of hope that the man who once told her, "I love you," may still be alive even after the many years that have passed.

Review:
Have you ever watched something heart-moving and so breathtaking and saddening at the same time that you can’t pinpoint your emotions to any extent. Yeah, that’s what a slice of life anime does to you and this movie does that for you a complete supply of a touching story with a tint of drama and slice of life in it is already amazing. Violet Evergarden stands out as a gorgeous finale for the entire series, with such a compelling story and characters and scenes that move you to the core to the point that you can just sit back there and feel amazed and baffled at the same point that is when you know that the show is touching your soul. The movie brings viewers up to rapidly with what emerged in the past while also canvases a stunning picture for the world of automatic dolls that can be used for both human tools and for war by the military to assist the lives affecting them properly and the lives of those around them.

Story
Violet Evergarden is an orphan who’s been raised to be a rock-solid soldier and nothing more than a weapon to be yielded in war. Given as a gift to Major Gilbert, violet enters war at a young age. The stories in themselves are influential, which makes a big difference as it is all the more frustrating that it feels almost as if they are three individual episodes that have been put together. But ultimately, it is all but a minor complaint on my part as each tale can hit different emotional developments. The movie primarily follows Violet throughout the movie, giving all the viewers a grand idea of how this “Automatic Doll” is struggling and persevering to find herself while also discovering a path for the future.
The only problem I had with all these stories that were put together that they were a sentimental story that I can’t handle as a person and every single part hits differently, and they feel as if they are incoherent from the others but they are not supposed to be.

Animations
I have never in my whole time period of watching anime have ever doubted Kyoto Animation as it has always struck hard when it came to animations as it is considered to be one of the powerhouse studios of animations. The character's facial expressions and backgrounds for the environments popping on the screen. Violet Evergarden has everything going for it when it comes to its art style nobody can say otherwise. The graphics shown are crisp and flawless and silky, and the moviemaking is just artistic in its scene alterations. The scenes of the movie flow from scene to scene effortlessly and without any unforeseen changes that are meant to catch viewers off-guard. Furthermore, the anime’s demonstration of design is masterful like I’ve never seen in any mainstream anime before, capturing the emotions of the characters perfectly and displaying the tear-jerking moments fluidly this movie is definitely a slick one. Kyoto Animations does a phenomenal job to keep up to the expectations of the watchers with the likes of exquisite art style from series like Clannad, Full Metal Panic, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, K-on and Haruhi Suzumiya, and many others that I’ve watched. Thank you Kyoto Animations for the astounding job that they did with the movie.

Sound
I am not a big fan of the music in this anime but it’s a symphony that tells a tale about a sad story that has happened or is about to come which makes it even sadder to some extent. Composed by Karasawa, Miho, the song ‘WILL’ is strong and is catchy as well. While both the openings and endings have their own set of keys they portray standalone classical music pieces, often retaining the simple yet strong violin leads that are beautiful.

Characters
For those who’ve not yet watched any of the contributions of the franchise, the so-called Violet was originally a warrior for her land, who afterward falls in love with her superior “Gilbert”. The movie mainly follows Violet during the course of the movie, giving all the viewers a brief view of the “Automatic Dolls” character who is not fit for the roles that she has been assigned, stressed, and determined to find herself while also determining a pathway for the imminent. We have our beautiful yet emotionally and tangible orphan person who’s just a mere tool for the upcoming war from a young age. The young lady grows up to be slightly unemotional and seems to be passive without any love or affection for her.
The main motivation of Violet is that she is always endeavoring to discover herself to find out who she is and what place does she hold in this world.

Overall
The movie is an absolute spectacle showing how it is a love letter to the anime community and how it does a commendable and outstanding job of placing both its viewers and newcomers together to an absolute blast of emotions and a prodigious story-telling. Some may say it’s too depressing, some may say that they weren’t satisfied don’t listen, just watch it on your own you’ll own if the anime is stirring your feelings. Yet another story influenced by war and moved by people looks on how the world should be and the loss of their special ones in war. The execution is flawless and that it is actually one of the most compelling anime out there. It deeply moves viewers with its breathtaking visuals and cheeky emotional breakdowns that occur throughout the story. The imagination that this anime brings up is beyond belief and it takes you to inherit some types of feelings that cannot be comprehended.
This is a mature anime that speaks to its audience about life and how complicated and tangled it is, yet how beautiful and painful and tragic it can be at the same time.
Is it worth the watch?
Absolutely.

Summer Ghost (ONE OF THE BEST UNDERRATED ANIME MOVIE)
Synopsis: "Have you heard of Summer Ghosts?" Tomoya, Aoi, and Ryo are high school students who met through the Internet. The urban legend of the Summer Ghost is that it is a ghost of a young woman who appears when fireworks are lit. Tomoya is unable to step out into the life he wants. Aoi is unable to find her place in the world. Ryo's bright future is suddenly closed to him. Each of them has their own reasons for meeting the Summer Ghost. On a summer night when life and death intersect, where will each of their thoughts go to?

Review:
Summer Ghost is a story about coming to terms with one's circumstances. This is conveyed through the medium of death, afterlife itself. The story follows three students: Tomoya, Aoi and Ryou who are juggling a myriad of life's adversaries. They lack an answer to their problems until the day of encounter with the eponymous 'Summer Ghost', Ayane. Their gathering, courtesy of Tomoya, allowed them to glean the perspective of the dead and come to understand that the conception of death is not something to be careless with. One should find meaning in their life and live it to the fullest especially when all hope is seemingly lost.

The story was conveyed nicely without bearing severe plot holes with respect to the central theme. Director loundraw who was responsible for character designs presented a more refreshing and captivating art style. The melody, OST soundtracks coupled with the dynamic animation was simply astounding. Enjoyment of a short film is highly dependent on the depth of immersion. The story inclusive of all other elements did the trick to entertain me from start to finish whilst sharing an important message.

Story
The story is about 3 teens who one day decided to investigate the rumored "Summer Ghost" who appears when you lit some fireworks at the certain location, and they go out and meet her. And this the only point where you feel calm because after then the Anime won't let you have a breath until the very end. The fast pacing aside, the story is pretty good given it's runtime, except it isn't well written cause there are some loose-ends it didn't cared enough to tie though I think it's fairly important. Summer Ghost centers on three high schoolers: Tomoya Sugisaki, Aoi Harukawa, and Ryou Kobayashi, who are all very different from one another and are going through their own struggles. Tomoya's controlling mother disapproves of his desire to paint and wants him to focus only on his studies. Aoi is being bullied at school, and attempted suicide once, and Ryou found out he doesn't have much longer to live. But all of them have one thing in common: They're interested in meeting the supposed summer ghost, said to be the ghost of a woman who committed suicide. After spending some time lighting fireworks, they manage to meet said summer ghost—a red haired woman named Ayane Satou. Mission fulfilled, Aoi and Ryou go back to their lives, but Tomoya begins seeing her alone, and after learning more about her, he, Aoi, and Ryou find themselves looking into just what happened to Ayane to make her like this, sorting through their own issues in the process.

Art
The art style looks really good. I've wondered who's creator behind it cause I had a feeling I saw something similar somewhere and turns out, the creator of this Anime, loundraw also worked as a character designer for Anime like Vivy, Tsuki ga Kirei and Pancreas movie but those aren't exactly what I had in my mind, so I watched all of his other works from his FLAT STUDIO (which are just ads/trailers for music videos, looks like this is their debut Anime project) and then I remembered I saw some of those ad clips in 2 or 3 AMVs. From the beautiful scenery to some complex shots, everything is really good and soothing to watch. But I liked LIE OF FALLING a lot. Art is amazing. Even though it lacks facial drawings. The scenery gave its best.

Characters:
Tomoya
- basically our POV character. He is someone who has a future but too scare to face the future. He's someone who doesn't want to look ahead and rather stand behind. Which was illustrated nicely in the beginning.
Ryou - someone who has so much ahead that he looks for but have so little time. Someone who wants to move forward but knowing he is limited on time.
Aoi - someone who is dealing with the present, being bullied and wanting to commit suicide. She is someone who is trying to overcome her everyday hardship.
Ayane - someone who has neither a future or a present, she is someone who is already gone.
It's really focus mainly on Tomoya learning to face that he needs to not be afraid to step forth to the future. And with Ayane help along with Ryou and Aoi, he learns to take that step. To not hate his life and seek the future. Each of them faces their own problems.

The ending is bittersweet... I won't spoil it but it's pretty simple really to pick up on it. It's a nice overall anime and I will say the music was gorgeous. What is it's biggest flaw and lacking? I didn't really like the coloring and character design at times. Since I had a hard time trying to figure out was that Tomoya or Ryou.

Overall
Summer Ghost was one of the shows that have exceeded my expectations.I have watched a few films and I would definitely add this to one of my most enjoyed films. The story was beautifully told and what made me like this film was the music that matched the scenes throughout the film. I would rewatch every scene twice or thrice to enjoy the film further. After watching this film I would listen to the music over and over again because it makes me feel at ease and calm. This film made me remember how beautiful story telling is when paired with the right tone and tracks. I would recommend this to any new fans of anime.
It's a short movie, if you have time, it's worth an watch. If you enjoy these type of simple theme anime like me, you'll enjoy it. If you don't, then it isn't really for you. It got it's message across nicely and simply. So as they say... "Seize the Day"

Life is beautiful and yet sometimes it feels like a curse. Sometimes one fails to cope with the unfairness of this world and ends up giving up thinking perhaps death might be a better option than their accursed life. But sometimes maybe all it takes is to view life from a different angle and realise how it should be.

Kizumonogatari I - III (3 PART MOVIE) i don't recommend this. may watch order ang Monogatari series :3
Synopsis:

Part 1: Iron-Blooded
During Koyomi Araragi's second year at Naoetsu Private High School, he has a chance encounter with Tsubasa Hanekawa, the top honor student in his class. When they strike up a conversation, Hanekawa mentions a shocking rumor: a vampire with beautiful blonde hair and freezing cold eyes has been seen lurking around town.Happy to have made a new friend, Araragi writes off the rumor and goes about the rest of his evening in a carefree manner. However, on his way home, he stumbles across splatters of blood leading down the stairs to the subway. His curiosity pushes him to investigate further, so he follows the gruesome pools into the depths of the station. When he arrives at the source of the blood, he is terrified by what he sees—the rumored blonde vampire herself, completely dismembered. After she calls for his help, Araragi must make a decision, one which carries the potential to change his life forever.
Part 2: Hot-Blooded No longer truly human, Koyomi Araragi decides to retrieve Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade's severed body parts that were stolen by three powerful vampire hunters. Awaiting him are Dramaturgie, a vampire hunter who is a vampire himself; Episode, a half-vampire with the ability to transform into mist; and Guillotinecutter, a human priest who is the most dangerous of them all.
Unbeknownst to Araragi, each minute he spends trying to retrieve Kiss-shot's limbs makes him less of a human and more of a vampire. Will he be able to keep his wish of becoming human once again by the end of his battles?
Part 3: Cold-Blooded After helping revive the legendary vampire Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade, Koyomi Araragi has become a vampire himself and her servant. Kiss-shot is certain she can turn him back into a human, but only once regaining her full power. Araragi has hunted down the three vampire hunters that defeated Kiss-shot and retrieved her limbs to return her to full strength. However, now that Araragi has almost accomplished what he’s been fighting for this whole time, he has to consider if this is what he really wants. Once he revives this powerful immortal vampire, there is no telling what she might do, and there would be no way of stopping her.But there is more to the story that Araragi doesn’t understand. If a newborn vampire like him could defeat the hunters, how did they overpower Kiss-shot? Can he trust her to turn him back to a human? And how is that even possible in the first place? Araragi is at his limit but he must come to a decision, and it may not be possible to resolve this situation without doing something he’ll regret

Story:
The story is great, and it has the same Monogatari feel as usual. Its basically an origin story for Araragi and it delivers on that. I don't want to give away any plot details so I won't, because I think you should watch these movies for yourself. The pacing is actually very good, which surprised me because I expected something very sluggish after watching Bakemonogatari, but it surprised me by keeping me engaged for the whole time. It has some weird edits and cuts that can be expected because its basically what makes this series unique. It only got in the way of my enjoyment a few times but overall pretty good story pacing. The story is filled with dialogue once again, which is no fault, just sorta a quirk of the series. It has some action scenes that can very violent thrown in. And when I say violent, I mean violent, like lots of decapitation, ripping off limbs, lots and LOTS of blood, and one scene of a vampire eating a person's corpse.

The film progresses as we see a rampant return of the eloquence of visuals, symbolism and long chats that have left a mark on anime by the now known "The Monogatari Series". Reiketsu unites the presence of Monogatari by displaying thought and process of our main character Araragi Koyomi and the familiar Monologues as we se how Araragi opens up his conscious and spills it right before all of us all and notice how he has changed. Reiketsu shows us how is it that Araragi came to be as characters and show the transition to us all by splitting up the process.

As on Tekketsu (Iron Blooded), Kizumonogatari is Visceral as it appealed to human instinct of its rawness but also included a conversation oriented presentation that carried the first act.
Nekketsu (Hot Blooded) focused more on youth, The youth of our characters reminding us just how over their heads the main protagonist are, being Hanekawa Tsubasa and Araragi Koyomi. It imposed the rampant sexuality and the ego of our characters and it brought forth action to the table that greatly differs from the first act, Tekketsu.
Reiketsu (Cold Blooded) in the other hand combined all of that, and brought us the current formula of Monogatari as the last piece of the puzzle is unlocked and we get those ever so necessary inner monologues showing us the how! of how can someone who lives on being spontaneous and show us the results that it carry. It also shows us the result of forbidden knowledge, as the more you know, the less safer the world becomes. Reiketsu at large, It can be called the very beginning of the franchise of The Monogatari formula, it can also be the start of series itself but buried in all that, Reiketsu was the conclusion and acceptance to the end of ordinary lives that will from now on live knowing of the supernatural.

Art / Animation

Shaft really outdid themselves with this final arc, and brought us more fluidity we ever dreamt off to the screen surpassing the preceding films in the direction of visuals and their rawness, the combination of 3D CGI with 2D artistry of the highest caliber showcased on a eccentric but fully working presentation that the trilogy is. as well as honoring the culture of animation now that it has become a well define characteristic of the new culture of japan, that marvelously attracts new blood to japan enticed for the ever newer pile of contribution to society with impact on international scale. The fighting scenes in Part 3 is mind blowing. It's probably one of the best animated fighting scenes of all time. It's art style and how smoothly the animation is simply mind blowing. Every detail in every frame, you could tell that the studio really put effort into the animation. This is not your typical fighting scenes where it lack frames or lost in consistency of animation. Every frame in the fighting scene and the whole movie itself has perfect consistency in the animation and it's art.

Characters
Our characters, Oshino Meme, Araragi Koyomi, Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade lastly Tsubasa Hanekawa were associated on exceptionally strange ways that your standard introduction, As their communication feels timelined of progress helped by very much coordinated visuals and ever exact sound headings. Our characters are weaved on the string of obliviousness, youth and experience. weaving them contrastingly at the end of the day introducing us in split acts the meeting up of an arrangement and the buiding squares of a character we've delighted in for quite a long time on the Monogatari establishment.
Enjoyment. the relationship between Hanekawa and Araragi is fantastic. Each character interaction between them feels genuine and real, which just ups the quality of the anime ten fold. This also brings me to the Character Interactions. They are great, and they stick to the characters very well. Its mostly made up of Character Interaction so it can be expected to be good. Each emotion feels real and realistically leads to something that would be expected. Very good in that department.

Overall
Kizu is creative expressionism in every sense of the word. Whether you enjoy its style is very much dependent on you. It captures a familiar coming-of-age narrative through the use of blood, lust, and superstition - playing into the horrors of navigating through young adult life. Its comedic insanity, brutal gore, and hornier-than-thou approach are matched by a surgically assured sense of freedom. As problematic of a character as he is, Araragi is so superbly developed, and his arc is masterfully woven into the story. A world so creatively weird and different as this will always draw me in, which is why I think it’s a masterpiece - in the most subjectively objective way possible. In conclusion, I would still recommend everyone to watch the entire series but if you already tried watching Bakemonogatari and it wasn't really your thing, dont worry, because this trilogy will definitely convince you that Monogatari can be absolutely amazing. "If you were to die tomorrow, I'd be fine with tomorrow being the last day of my life." "If you were to live through today, I will also chose to live through today." my fav quotes in Kizumono

Spirited Away
Synopsis:
Stubborn, spoiled, and naïve, 10-year-old Chihiro Ogino is less than pleased when she and her parents discover an abandoned amusement park on the way to their new house. Cautiously venturing inside, she realizes that there is more to this place than meets the eye, as strange things begin to happen once dusk falls. Ghostly apparitions and food that turns her parents into pigs are just the start—Chihiro has unwittingly crossed over into the spirit world. Now trapped, she must summon the courage to live and work amongst spirits, with the help of the enigmatic Haku and the cast of unique characters she meets along the way. Vivid and intriguing, Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi tells the story of Chihiro's journey through an unfamiliar world as she strives to save her parents and return home.

Story & Characters
Spirited Away is a window into Miyazaki`s imagination. Chihiro`s journey takes us at first to the Japanese-lore inspired bathhouse, ruled by (oddly enough) a western looking witch, and eventually to a place reminiscent of a European country side, with walking lamps, bouncing heads, and plenty of other wacky creatures in between. This is far from a trippy, scene-to-scene spectacle though. The story is grounded by and centered around the unlikely perseverance of Chihiro, who seems at first overly dependent, panicky and clumsy.

Reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland, the fantasy world that appears as if it could not be further from reality actually has numerous parallels to our own lives. There is room to pick each bit of symbolism apart, but the beauty of this film is that such a cerebral understanding isn`t necessary to really get this film. The transition between the awe that the magical world inspires at first to the familiarity we feel for it towards the end is so seamless that it is only after the film is finished that the metaphors for humans and human society become apparent.

At the end of the day, Spirited Away will very much be a recognizably Miyazaki film with a little environmentalism, and plenty of the sweet innocence of youth. It starts off though, on a bit of a heartbreaking note. Chihiro goes through bouts of despair for losing her parents and as painful as it is to see her sink, it is equally inspiring to see her pick herself up again and continue clumsily at whatever task was occupying her. Unlike most of Miyazaki`s female leads who tend to be beautiful, pretty, or cute (depending on the age group), Chihiro`s chubby cheeks and messy hair make her unmistakably plain. Neither is her personality bouncy as is the case with the vast majority of girls in animation. Other than her listlessness, there isn`t much to describe about her. It is her unremarkable nature that makes her so adorable as the film develops the earnestness in her character that is deeper, and more essential than her personality. Where the earnestness makes her admirable, the plainness makes her genuine, and lovable. We might laugh at her expressions when she touches something vile, or an instance of complete physical ineptitude, but in an affectionate way, not unlike how you might laugh at your niece for tripping over herself.

Art / Animation

Spirited Away is an anime, after all—the animation is absolutely stunning; when has Miyazaki ever delivered anything less? Every color is nothing short of striking. Each character is fully detailed and Masashi Ando’s character designs are well-suited to the film while clothing is full of natural textures. Each location, from the town we see in the film's opening to the bathhouse where the bulk of the film takes place, is mesmerizing. Every object is well-detailed—is that a box of Kit Kat bars in the car at the film's opening? Every creature is well-drawn and believable within the world the film creates, while the CGI such as that used during the train sequence enhances rather than denigrates the film. All things considered, the team at Studio Ghibli did a real job animating Spirited Away.

Overall
i love watching this anime and i could watch it over and over like i always do without any single complaint. everything was perfectly done its one of a kind masterpiece that i will keep on watching until i die .. the emotions and the lesson on "what is truly valuable and important" is given in a way that you wont forget no matter how hard you try. the story gave me so much to my life.

Rascal does not dream of dreaming girl [ you can download this movie here on katz!]
Synopsis: Six months ago, Sakuta Azusagawa had a chance encounter with a bunny girl in a library. Ever since then, he's been blissfully happy with his girlfriend: Mai Sakurajima, that same bunny girl. However, the reappearance of his mysterious first crush, the now-adult Shouko Makinohara, adds a new complication to his relationship with Mai. To make matters worse, he then encounters a middle school Shouko in the hospital, suffering from a grave illness. Mysteriously, his old scars begin throbbing whenever he's near her.With Shouko's bizarre situation somehow revolving around him, Sakuta will need to come to terms with his own conflicting feelings, for better or worse. With a girl's life in his hands, just what can he do?

Story
While the storyline was deep and complex, it was just too much content to fit within an hour and a half. You could get easily lost in the plot, which means rewatching this movie isn’t a bad idea. The only main thing I didn’t care for was, again, the pacing of the storyline. The reason for this was because I felt like the emotional moments derived a lot more “screen time” than they got. I felt like some of the scenarios were just so natural, while others felt forced and rushed. There wasn’t too much character progression either, but that’s mainly because most of the focus is on Shouko. We did get to see a more unique side of Mai though as the storyline progressed, which added to the even more dramatic feel of the movie. This movie didn’t nearly have as many funny moments as the anime, but it was rather focused more on the drama aspect this time around. Without rewatching it, you may feel lost or even forget the significance that Shouko has in Sakutas life. So I highly recommend you do so before starting the movie, as this will increase your appreciation for the overall storyline. The character progression that Shouko did gain was somewhat average. There just wasn’t enough time to develop her fully with the complex plot at hand, since more time was put into trying to bring the storyline together and explain it along the way.

Arts / Animation
The same beautiful art style was incorporated into this film, but with added benefits. With more attention being brought to the detail of background settings, the overall atmosphere felt much more authentic. The color palette had matched with the seasons, resulting in a realistic winter that contributed to the mood. When it came to the character designs and animations, nothing was especially lacking. The camera shots though, were at some places a bit excessive. This may be due to the quicker pace of the storyline though. I enjoyed the attention to animated details such as the snow or water, which added to the mood even more.

Characters
The characters are the ones carrying the movie just as they did in the show. Since I have already included the character arcs and their scores in the story section, this section will be judging them more on their personalities and whether the characters are one-dimensional or not. Since most side characters have had their stories concluded in the prequel, the characters I will be talking about will be the main trio: Sakuta, Mai and Shouko. I want to point out that all the characters are written to be pretty consistent to their counterparts in the prequel for the most part, which is usually a pretty difficult thing to do in a sequel. The first main character is Sakuta who, in my opinion, is one of the best written teenage characters alongside Hachiman and Araragi. Although he is not the most relatable character, his backstory, including his character growth (especially in the first season) along with his incredibly witty personality surpasses many characters that I have seen, not just in anime. Mai is another character that is wonderfully written who shines even more when paired together with Sakuta. Their relationship together is probably one of the best in a rom-com as their personalities complement each other so well. Shouko is the last of the main cast and even though she is definitely the weakest character of the three, she still serves her purpose and the child version of Shouko has enough of a backstory and personality for the viewers to care about her

Overall
It’s probably not surprising that I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, likely due to the inclusion of some of my favorite characters. However despite the problems I have with the story and character arcs, I actually found the concept of the story to be an ideal follow up to the conclusion of the prequel and Sakuta’s character arc is also one of my favorite arcs (not including the last chapter of the movie obviously) in the entire franchise. I was also thankful that the movie did not have a generic love triangle plot that I feared it would have after reading the synopsis. The movie is quite a lot more depressing than its predecessor which is amplified when the emotional moments and the weight of the entire situation are both portrayed almost flawlessly on Sakuta along with the rest of the cast, which in turn, left an emotional impact on me. As you may have surmised from the above comments, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The movie is not only a great sequal, but it could easily stand alone as one of the greatest of all time, in terms of Rom-Com. Honestly though how can you not enjoy something like Mai-san being on the big screen. As i said before it makes you laugh, it makes you cry, it makes you feel emotions you probably haven't felt in a while. While it does have a much darker tone the the anime, it didn't feel that way as the movie went on. The mixture of comedy and sadness was done to perfection and made it flow seamlessly. The movie was an hour and 40 minutes and it felt like it was only 20. I was so engaged in what i was watching that I didn't care that i had to get up and go to work the next morning. It draws you in, takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride that most would enjoy to the fullest and then leaves you with a very, very good taste in your mouth. I recommend this to anyone. Same for the anime itself.

Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time
Synopsis:
Following NERV's failed attempt to retrieve the Spears of Longinus and carry out the Human Instrumentality Project, the destruction caused by the Fourth Impact has been largely averted. In a state of disarray, Shinji Ikari, Asuka Langley Shikinami, and Rei Ayanami travel to Village 3—a survivor settlement free from Earth's ruination. There, Shinji slowly comes to terms with his past, developing an entirely different life from his days as an Evangelion pilot. Meanwhile, NERV makes preparations to continue the Instrumentality Project by means of a new Impact. When WILLE's main aerial battleship arrives at the village, Shinji decides to board, believing that he can help by piloting an Evangelion. As new secrets are uncovered and a battle between WILLE and NERV approaches, the future of Earth hangs in the balance. Can Shinji save humanity and the rest of the world one last time?

Story
Evangelion tells a succinct and stunning story that tracks the emotional ordeal of its teenage hero characters, which stand as the solitary fighters of the war that humans don't stand a chance of winning. They're required to pilot gargantuan machinelike monsters (considered as Evas) to battle intractable enemy ones, called Angels. There's a massive count of people who live and breathe anime this is for them. With dozens of industry giants agitating out so many shows since Evangelion first came out as a mecha show that stole hearts away, today there isn't a shortage of shows of the same genre to watch, and the creators know their audience. They know what people want to watch nowadays; and the ability to live a fictional world that makes you feel authoritative, be adored for, and free from realism. To stand up with the best, with the likes of Evangelion 2.0 and 3.0 this movie is a masterpiece.

Animation

The movie can be appreciated on a purely filmic level, as a mecha head trip. The images are created as an amalgam of hand-down and the CG simulation that allows complete flexibility of crusade, with some glimpses that swoop all around and through the cleverly complex machinery. The development of each of these new high-tech geniuses such as the space battleship Wunder, which has decks and wings prickling in all directions, like a giant robot's army knife – has an operational sense of scale. (The smart mechanism is designed by Ikuto Yamashita). All I could say about the animations briefly is that it was phenomenal. The art is stunningly beautiful. The colors were appetizing to look at. The bright colors, incredible 3D animations, jaw-dropping landscapes, nods to previous Evangelion works, beautiful character design, and all the little things about the film were a sight to see. I felt the passion of the people behind this masterpiece and it shows how dedicated they were to create this. Best animated work ever made.

Characters
I really like the characters in this, they've really developed them quite nicely over the span on the film, with pretty much every character having their personalities and everything fleshed out and really make them feel like they've matured since the beginning of the series. There's really not much to say aside from this, aside from maybe the designs of both the characters and Eva's, and that hasn't really changed too drastically, but there were some new pretty interesting designs I quite liked, I really love the humanoid look of the Eva units and I don't think I'll ever get tired of that type of mecha design

Overall
The perfect conclusion to the Evangelion series while doing things and going places I would have never expected Evangelion to go. The entire story revolves around the consequences of the previous films and how our characters are dealing with the new world on top of their own personal insecurities. The art style of the film varied throughout its run while consistently looking phenomenal, the callbacks to the final two episodes during the train sequence was specifically amazing. Frames from the original series would be recreated in the new art style which was really cool to see. This is a masterpiece. A work of pure art and human story-telling. A representation of the way of life. It's not perfect, because there's nothing that can be described as "perfect" in life Goodbye, all of Evangelion. It was nice knowing you.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Synopsis: On a cold December day, Kyon arrives at school prepared for another outing with his fellow SOS Brigade members. However, much to his surprise, he discovers that almost everything has changed completely: Haruhi Suzumiya and Itsuki Koizumi are nowhere to be found; Mikuru Asahina does not recognize him at all; Yuki Nagato is a regular human; and Ryouko Asakura has mysteriously returned. Although he is no stranger to the supernatural, Kyon is disturbed by this odd turn of events and decides to investigate on his own. Finding himself to be the only person that is aware of the previous reality, Kyon is now faced with a difficult choice: to finally live the normal life he has always wanted, or uncover a way to turn back the hands of time and restore his chaotic yet familiar world.

Story
I found the plot very interesting because they show you how the characters react to the events of Haruhi's disappearance(specifically Kyon). Within the original two seasons of the show Kyon is always complaining about all the ridiculous things that Haruhi gets him and the rest of the S.O.S Brigade into. But after she disappears and he is in a world that he has no problems to complain about, he freaks out and investigates how he could change it back. They also go and show great development on Yuki when she has more emotions. Overall i found the plot pretty well driven and had a slightly slow pace, with an ending that doesn't really end. But i never found myself asking what happens next, it was a pretty satisfying show from beginning to end

Animation
I think that before I dive into the inner workings of the characters, the intriguing themes and plot and its relationship to and impact on the series, the production side of the movie should be addressed and gotten out of the way. Quite simply, the movie is beautifully animated. The character designs are the same as in the show and continue to portray the Kyoto animation essence which seems to radiate off every character they produce. The settings and backgrounds in the movie are brilliantly created, harbouring a realistic vibe while never becoming out of place or too realistic compared to the traditional Kyoto feel of the character designs, making a perfect balance to the visuals. There are stunning moments in the movie which are elevated by the attention to detail and care that Kyoto animation put into this movie, as well as all their other productions, such as the Kyon scene in the final act (which we'll talk about more later), the computer and Kyon scene (Won't spoil) and of course THE Yuki ending scene to the movie. The colour pallet of the movie is incredible, constantly jumping between different background colours and shades and lighting depending on the character's emotions at the time, or when a key moment is about to occur. Overall, unsurprisingly Kyoto did not miss on the animation front, bringing their lively character designs and masterful use of backgrounds and colours to elevate what is currently happening on the screen. However, and i can't quite believe I’m saying this, the animation was NOT the best productive quality of this movie because Kyoto completely out done themselves with the OST, which we will promptly analyse.

Characters
This, for me at least, is the key pull factor of not just the movie, but the series. Throughout the anime, we are introduced and exposed to some of the most enjoyable and entertaining characters of all time (IMO) with one of the most, if not the most, unique and interesting group dynamics in the history of media. During the series, it is a very happy-go-lucky tone where every episode and arc is a different shenanigan caused by Haruhi and is put in a very happy, comedic light (with the exception of the endless eight arc). The movie, however, completely turns this upside down and “the characters we loved” (different but not, wont spoil) are exposed to a completely different tone, allowing us to see different sides to these seemingly enjoyable and cheery characters. Kyon is taken away from the life he felt that he had no choice in living and one where he felt that he had to constantly change to Haruhi’s whim. He felt obligated to stay apart of the SOS brigade and at times questioned whether this was what he truly wanted. After all, he’s an ordinary teenager surrounded by Esper’s, a God like being and the like. However, the movie/a certain character offers Kyon an out. He has a chance to stay in this “world” where the SOS Brigade was never formed and Haruhi never reeled him in. The movie really plays with this all throughout the run time, as each time he edges one step closer back to returning to the world he at one time hated, he can’t help but wonder if it would be better to stay here and live an ordinary life. This builds up and bubble’s over in the climax to the movie where Kyon has to come to a decision, in a scene which is to this day one of the most brilliantly produced monologues and overall scenes in anime. Kyon has an amazing character arc in this movie and elevates this movie to new heights, yet I can’t help but wonder if another character takes the limelight of the movie. I won’t say who or why as it is basically the entire mystery, twist and in some ways the cause and origin of the movie, so you’ll have to watch it for yourself. But, take my word, the character’s in this movie, their developments, their struggles, their convictions and realisations accumulate to make the finest casts an anime has to offer.

Overall
Disappearance is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. In hindsight, it probably worked as well as it did because it's a feature length film. I didn't care about Kyoani's decision about the 2nd season or the Endless Eight fiasco, I'm just glad that they made this into a movie instead of just part of the series. I strongly recommend this to anybody who enjoys movies in general. I still think the 1st and 2nd season were nothing special, but Disappearance is just in a league of its own

Should you watch the movie? Yes.
Should you watch the movie without seeing the anime? Never.
Should you watch the movie without seeing the endless eight arc? Sure, you can but you would not be able to understand the emotions felt by Yuki Nagato as they are essential to understand her and the movie too.

It's a beautiful movie which tells a story about a confused man & a lonely woman made by amazing people with careful attention to detail. It has made me reflect that I too want to be considered special by someone and want to appreciate the other special people in my life. Despite the occasional times (not if it is constantly on your mind) where you wish that life was this way or that way, "Disappearance" perfectly demonstrates why your current life and the people you love are irreplaceable. It has also made me realise that there are many people who are struggling in the background away from the spotlight where it is difficult to notice them, a gentle hand would mean the world to them. So in conclusion, Beautiful Movie

A silent voice
[ A MASTERPIECE MOVIE] WATCH THIS MOVIE BEFORE YOU D13
Synopsis: As a wild youth, elementary school student Shouya Ishida sought to beat boredom in the cruelest ways. When the deaf Shouko Nishimiya transfers into his class, Shouya and the rest of his class thoughtlessly bully her for fun. However, when her mother notifies the school, he is singled out and blamed for everything done to her. With Shouko transferring out of the school, Shouya is left at the mercy of his classmates. He is heartlessly ostracized all throughout elementary and middle school, while teachers turn a blind eye. Now in his third year of high school, Shouya is still plagued by his wrongdoings as a young boy. Sincerely regretting his past actions, he sets out on a journey of redemption: to meet Shouko once more and make amends.

Koe no Katachi tells the heartwarming tale of Shouya's reunion with Shouko and his honest attempts to redeem himself, all while being continually haunted by the shadows of his past.

- Everyone in the world is distinctive, each person having both positive and negative aspects about them, and every society is known for their own distinctive features. There are those who disagree with this view as nothing more than a blind and false generalization, and there are those who completely agree with it. Both ways of thinking, in my opinion, are unnecessarily exaggerated. The best solution for this is a balance, as we cannot hide one society’s trait, nor can we realistically say that a whole society belongs to a certain feature. For example, Japanese people are considered to be people who love a clean environment, so, does that mean that every single Japanese acts in this manner? Certainly not, but most of them do act upon this certain trait. The characteristics of a society are important for identifying an important case, and that is that the goals of a story are to display those attributes in a precise manner, and to display the solutions that can be found in a literary artistic context, and not in an informative one. The Anime movie, Koe no Katachi, presents a social issue of Japanese society. So, how credible is this particular movie? How good is it’s credibility, and what are it’s positive aspects, and it’s negative ones?

Story
To start off with the story, it is supposed to be an autobiography about a young guy called Shouya, and the movie displays what occurs in his life from his elementary school days up until he reaches high school, and that is by highlighting the events that had a relation with him bullying and picking on his deaf classmate, a girl by the name of Shouko. So, what are the consequences of his insolent actions? And what will happen in this regard? This is the structure of the story, and it is rather good, because this structure depends on two essential elements that rarely fail. The first element, is picking the prospective of the story to be an autobiography. The best thing about picking an autobiography as a story is the fact that the viewer’s attachment during the story, and even after the story had concluded, is set on a human, and not on an object or a place. Meaning that the attachment of the viewer is not on an event or a set of particular events, nor on any action sequences, nor anything else. The attachment of the viewer is solely on a person with realistic features and components, aka a human. This is useful due to the fact that the viewer feels that they have identified and related with a human on an emotional scale. The second essential element of this story, is that the movie highlights interesting occurrences that go on in that character’s life. I can safely say that the story of Shouya, from him picking on his classmate Shouko, and the effect that had on their lives and on their classmates, is very intriguing to look at and watch.

The beginning of the movie was light and quickly used a hook that was impactful, even if I found the hook to be used way too early on in the story, because the time between that particular hook, until we reach the dilemma of the story, is long enough to the point where it can lessen the effect of that strong hook later on in the story. As for the events, I find that the script was very useful in portraying each and every single event, because I did not find one event with little to no meaning, and there are two essential categories that the writer used when it came to the events: Events which were centered around building the story, and events that were pivotal to the story. I really liked how these events were distributed throughout the narrative, and the way the writer dealt with them, due to the fact that many writers don’t know how to execute the events that build the story in an interesting manner. Usually, these events are dull, and the reason for that is due to the fact that they are non-interactive and their mission is to build characteristics within the characters in order to crystallize a pivotal event. I was surprised though, that these beginning events were more interesting than boring, and the reason for that is thanks to the realistic nature of the dialogue

Characters
The characters here were fairly realistic, and they reflect on the age group they were placed in in a very precise way, whether they were in elementary school or when they became high schoolers, and it is an effort that deserves respect. Moreover, the Japanese values that are displayed here and the degree of emotion that characterizes the Japanese is correct, and that is very excellent. The way of communication between the students, the two genders and the general etiquette of Japanese society is to be found. Subsequently, the film was able to present a true image to a very good degree of the society it was representing. Unfortunately, there is a problem to be found in the duration of the film, which is that I find it to be longer than it needs to be. The length of the whole movie is a timely two hours and ten minutes, and this is a fatal mistake that cannot be overlooked. All of the characters and the events would have needed an hour and a half at most for them to be fleshed out accordingly, and if the staff had stuck to an hour and a half, then that would have greatly benefited both the movie and the audience as well. As for the climax of the story, it was written both emotionally and cleverly, and in a way that was harmonious to the narrative. The ending, though fairly normal and drab, is still credible in accordance to the events that take place in the movie. There is a dramatic exaggeration that I didn’t find good though, and a negative point that spoils the ending a little, which is Shouya’s dramatic reaction at the end. This particular scene is challenging to settle, as the producers messed up on this one. It doesn’t really ravage the film entirely, but it surely mitigates the strong emotional impact that could have been reaped.

Animation / Music
Sounds and animation can arguably be the most powerful tools for an anime, either shaping an excellent story to something with little value, or bringing out a new world out of the words on a page. In that, it is safe to say that, once again, KyoAni did not disappoint. A Silent Voice is, frankly speaking, breathtaking. The warm palette bring out the beauty in even the smallest of moments, from a tiny splash, to the burst of fireworks. Every scene is a painting, a world in a canvas that magnifies the value of each frame alongside a touching dash of piano keys, woven into an orchestra of colors, imagery and sound. The scenes are consistently harmonious with the art and noise, directing a flood of tears at every sad, beautiful and painful moment. Again, it is very simply breathtaking.

Overall
For my final thoughts, I think it’s a really beautiful movie. Not only in visuals, but also in how it tells a story with a beautiful realization. It grabs your attention by the premise, sufficiently paces the story well, and brings an impressive conclusion. It’s something that does leave quite the emotional impact while justifying the circumstances that lead up to it. If you think its main focus is about victimization of disabled people, glorification of mental health, or a one huge “Be nice to everyone” moral story, try to reconsider your thoughts. Koe no Katachi is more than that. It’s a conscious take on what it means to forgive others and one’s self. With that, I consider it as one of the most moving stories I’ve ever experienced and it’s something that I’ll recommend to everyone with no hesitation. This movie will take you through a ride of emotions, it tackles heavy and serious themes, so prepare yourself as this is not your cliche happy go lucky anime. But this is definitely something you should watch and I think you won't regret seeing it.

Tamako Love Story
(I recommend watch the series first "Tamako Market before Tamako love story)
Synopsis: As the seasons pass by, the end of Mochizou Ooji's third and final school year quickly approaches. He aims to study at a university in Tokyo, but at the cost of leaving behind his loved ones—including his beloved childhood crush, Tamako Kitashirakawa. Having no such plans for the future, Tamako will merely remain in town to work at her family's humble mochi shop. As the time for Mochizou's departure draws closer, the reserved young man must gather up the courage to confess his feelings to Tamako before it is too late—lest his love go unnoticed forever.

Story
The story revolves around Tamako and Mochizou's relationship with each other. As they are childhood friends, it's quite obvious that they've developed feelings for one another but struggle to confess them to the other person. And of course this ends up turning into a comedic storyline as to who confesses first and the other person's reaction and afterthoughts. It adds romance to the SoL/comedy genre which Tamako Market is originally based on and the combination works well. Only criticism I can give is that the ending is too short. Perhaps Tamako and Mochizou could exchange some words with each other before the movie ends

Characters

Tamako and Mochizou, are able to shine so brightly. They are portrayed as realistic teenagers who have barely scratched the surface of love. Because of their inexperience, we see them stumble and try to find answers—sometimes awkwardly, sometimes painfully—on how to respond to each other's feelings. So much so, that their feelings transcend fiction into our world, creating an emotional connection between us and them. It's what being genuine can do to a story. Their history as childhood friends shows us just how long-lasting their bonds are, and I can't help but to root for their success. Some of Isaac Newton's references, in particular with the analogy to gravity, is also used to metaphorically compare Tamako's whole bewilderment. These small details might be subtle, but they work wonder to construct the characters in a bigger picture.

It's also worth mentioning that other characters complement the main pair as well, especially one of Tamako's friend named Midori. Similar to Mochizou, she too views Tamako as someone more than just friends, but it's made clear her character arc is a bittersweet one. Following her battles against her own feelings is a painful reminder that not everyone will get the happiness they so desired. While it certainly hurts, she's the one who grows with the strongest resolution, making her a character of great contrast. And all the pieces of the film gradually build up into an excellent ending of considerable impact. I'll just say that it's one that gives us a sense of satisfaction but at the same time, it also leaves us longing for more. It simply is the perfect embodiment of yearning sweetness—just like love.

Animation
This is a Kyoto Animation anime so you will be having a lot of colorful and beautiful environments and top notch designs and the characters will look beautiful and cute (The eyes are as sparkle as ever)
Animations look sharp and detailed and there is a lot of attention to simple movements and gestures

Overall

this movie was really good! It's like your classic cute romance story between two teenagers, but in a way that's not boring or clique. It might sound corny, but the movie really holds a place in my heart. The overall story, the characters, and beautiful scenes really attached to me and I almost felt sad when it ended. The ending was really good and I wished they continued the movie with another series. Watching this movie really makes me want to go back and watch the anime series, even though the series doesn't really focus on the romance between the two teenagers.

- Love is an existence that is often hard to grasp. It's a human experience that is profound yet fragile, sweet yet bitter, and familiar yet foreign. For many people, it's a powerful source of change in their life. So, when simplicity and mastery combine together to capture the delicate rawness of young love, a beauty is able to bloom among all the swaying emotions; the beauty that we call Tamako Love Story.

Howl's moving castle
Synopsis:
That jumbled piece of architecture, that cacophony of hissing steam and creaking joints, with smoke billowing from it as it moves on its own... That castle is home to the magnificent wizard Howl, infamous for both his magical prowess and for being a womanizer—or so the rumor goes in Sophie Hatter's small town. Sophie, as the plain daughter of a hatmaker, does not expect much from her future and is content with working hard in the shop. However, Sophie's simple life takes a turn for the exciting when she is ensnared in a disturbing situation, and the mysterious wizard appears to rescue her. Unfortunately, this encounter, brief as it may be, spurs the vain and vengeful Witch of the Waste—in a fit of jealousy caused by a past discord with Howl—to put a curse on the maiden, turning her into an old woman. In an endeavor to return to normal, Sophie must accompany Howl and a myriad of eccentric companions—ranging from a powerful fire demon to a hopping scarecrow—in his living castle, on a dangerous adventure as a raging war tears their kingdom apart.

Basically the story is about a young girl name Sophie, who believes that it is impossible for her to have a fun an exciting life. That all changed when she decides to go out on an errand from her safe haven called home. She is then cursed by a witch, and becomes an old lady and somehow is able to live with Howl in his moving castle.

Story & Characters
Spirited Away is a window into Miyazaki`s imagination. Chihiro`s journey takes us at first to the Japanese-lore inspired bathhouse, ruled by (oddly enough) a western looking witch, and eventually to a place reminiscent of a European country side, with walking lamps, bouncing heads, and plenty of other wacky creatures in between. This is far from a trippy, scene-to-scene spectacle though. The story is grounded by and centered around the unlikely perseverance of Chihiro, who seems at first overly dependent, panicky and clumsy.

Reminiscent of Alice in Wonderland, the fantasy world that appears as if it could not be further from reality actually has numerous parallels to our own lives. There is room to pick each bit of symbolism apart, but the beauty of this film is that such a cerebral understanding isn`t necessary to really get this film. The transition between the awe that the magical world inspires at first to the familiarity we feel for it towards the end is so seamless that it is only after the film is finished that the metaphors for humans and human society become apparent.

At the end of the day, Spirited Away will very much be a recognizably Miyazaki film with a little environmentalism, and plenty of the sweet innocence of youth. It starts off though, on a bit of a heartbreaking note. Chihiro goes through bouts of despair for losing her parents and as painful as it is to see her sink, it is equally inspiring to see her pick herself up again and continue clumsily at whatever task was occupying her. Unlike most of Miyazaki`s female leads who tend to be beautiful, pretty, or cute (depending on the age group), Chihiro`s chubby cheeks and messy hair make her unmistakably plain. Neither is her personality bouncy as is the case with the vast majority of girls in animation. Other than her listlessness, there isn`t much to describe about her. It is her unremarkable nature that makes her so adorable as the film develops the earnestness in her character that is deeper, and more essential than her personality. Where the earnestness makes her admirable, the plainness makes her genuine, and lovable. We might laugh at her expressions when she touches something vile, or an instance of complete physical ineptitude, but in an affectionate way, not unlike how you might laugh at your niece for tripping over herself.

Arts / Animation
This is easily what contributes the most to the entire movie. As we have come to expect from Studio Ghibli, Howl's Moving Castle was an exceptionally beautiful film. The highly detailed background renders were superb and featured all sorts of fantastical elements, giving the environment a wonderful personality. The streets and storefronts were inviting and cheerful, and the darker alleyways held a mystery of their own. The characters were all wonderfully animated, especially Howl, who transformed slickly between his human and harpy-like form.

The design for the castle was especially fun. As more or less a gigantic heap of metal parts, its lack of uniformity gave the viewer a lot to look at, and all of it was interesting. It was also great to see rooms and halls within the castle shift, contract, and expand as Howl magicked them around.

Overall
This movie made me want to do reviews on a regular basis from now on instead of discussing it with my friends, because i love sharing my opinions and seeing other people's opinions on certain things even if i disagree. What i'm trying to say is, i guess i have a new favorite movie. Highly recommend to anyone who loves fantasy or just inspirational films in general. This film is a great family movie, that will be enjoyable even for non-anime fans. It will touch your heart, make you laugh, and make you cry. You will be astonished by visuals, and you will find yourself humming the soundtrack. Howl's Moving Castle is a definite must watch.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

- fate stay night heaven's feel TRILOGY

THE ANIMATION IS DOPE

SABER ALTER VS RIDER [ Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel III. spring song ]

SABER ALTER VS BERSERKER [ Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel II Lost Butterfly ]

If you’ve read this whole thing then thanks. I spent ages (3-4 hours) writing it because I like to share what i've watched. :)

SHOULD I DO PART 2? HMM? BTW ILANG ANIME MOVIE NA NAPANOOD MO RITO SA AKING FAV WATCHLIST? :3

K 0

KatzSec DevOps

Alpha and Omega
Philanthropist
Access
Reaction score
grants
₲58,329
2 years of service
Luckysaint salamat sa pag contribute. Next time always upload your files sa
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
para siguradong di ma dedeadlink. Let's keep on sharing to keep our community running for good. This community is built for you and everyone to share freely. Let's invite more contributors para mabalik natin sigla ng Mobilarian at tuloy ang puyatan. :)

L 0

Luckycat

Abecedarian
Access
Reaction score
grants
₲302
1 years of service
Hi bro, thanks sa invite. Anyway, will watch these recommendations soon when I have time. By the way, what an amazing review tho big thumbs up

OP
Luckysaint 340

Luckysaint

ᴇxᴄᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴅᴏ
Ardent
Access
Reaction score
grants
₲23,646
1 years of service
Hi bro, thanks sa invite. Anyway, will watch these recommendations soon when I have time. By the way, what an amazing review tho big thumbs up
maraming salamat sir sa pag-accept ng reffer. also enjoy watching bro, i hope magustuhan mo yung nirecommend ko <3

Rankine 0

Rankine

The Educator ☣️
Ardent
Access
Reaction score
grants
₲1,598
1 years of service
View attachment 6714

MY TOP 10 FAVORITE ANIME OF ALL TIME (no chronological order) nahirapan ako i-rank XD since iba't ibang genre

Violet Evergarden Movie
Synopsis:
Several years have passed since the end of The Great War. As the radio tower in Leidenschaftlich continues to be built, telephones will soon become more relevant, leading to a decline in demand for "Auto Memory Dolls." Even so, Violet Evergarden continues to rise in fame after her constant success with writing letters. However, sometimes the one thing you long for is the one thing that does not appear.

Violet Evergarden Movie follows Violet as she continues to comprehend the concept of emotion and the meaning of love. At the same time, she pursues a glimmer of hope that the man who once told her, "I love you," may still be alive even after the many years that have passed.

Review:
Have you ever watched something heart-moving and so breathtaking and saddening at the same time that you can’t pinpoint your emotions to any extent. Yeah, that’s what a slice of life anime does to you and this movie does that for you a complete supply of a touching story with a tint of drama and slice of life in it is already amazing. Violet Evergarden stands out as a gorgeous finale for the entire series, with such a compelling story and characters and scenes that move you to the core to the point that you can just sit back there and feel amazed and baffled at the same point that is when you know that the show is touching your soul. The movie brings viewers up to rapidly with what emerged in the past while also canvases a stunning picture for the world of automatic dolls that can be used for both human tools and for war by the military to assist the lives affecting them properly and the lives of those around them.

Story
Violet Evergarden is an orphan who’s been raised to be a rock-solid soldier and nothing more than a weapon to be yielded in war. Given as a gift to Major Gilbert, violet enters war at a young age. The stories in themselves are influential, which makes a big difference as it is all the more frustrating that it feels almost as if they are three individual episodes that have been put together. But ultimately, it is all but a minor complaint on my part as each tale can hit different emotional developments. The movie primarily follows Violet throughout the movie, giving all the viewers a grand idea of how this “Automatic Doll” is struggling and persevering to find herself while also discovering a path for the future.
The only problem I had with all these stories that were put together that they were a sentimental story that I can’t handle as a person and every single part hits differently, and they feel as if they are incoherent from the others but they are not supposed to be.

Animations
I have never in my whole time period of watching anime have ever doubted Kyoto Animation as it has always struck hard when it came to animations as it is considered to be one of the powerhouse studios of animations. The character's facial expressions and backgrounds for the environments popping on the screen. Violet Evergarden has everything going for it when it comes to its art style nobody can say otherwise. The graphics shown are crisp and flawless and silky, and the moviemaking is just artistic in its scene alterations. The scenes of the movie flow from scene to scene effortlessly and without any unforeseen changes that are meant to catch viewers off-guard. Furthermore, the anime’s demonstration of design is masterful like I’ve never seen in any mainstream anime before, capturing the emotions of the characters perfectly and displaying the tear-jerking moments fluidly this movie is definitely a slick one. Kyoto Animations does a phenomenal job to keep up to the expectations of the watchers with the likes of exquisite art style from series like Clannad, Full Metal Panic, Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!, K-on and Haruhi Suzumiya, and many others that I’ve watched. Thank you Kyoto Animations for the astounding job that they did with the movie.

Sound
I am not a big fan of the music in this anime but it’s a symphony that tells a tale about a sad story that has happened or is about to come which makes it even sadder to some extent. Composed by Karasawa, Miho, the song ‘WILL’ is strong and is catchy as well. While both the openings and endings have their own set of keys they portray standalone classical music pieces, often retaining the simple yet strong violin leads that are beautiful.

Characters
For those who’ve not yet watched any of the contributions of the franchise, the so-called Violet was originally a warrior for her land, who afterward falls in love with her superior “Gilbert”. The movie mainly follows Violet during the course of the movie, giving all the viewers a brief view of the “Automatic Dolls” character who is not fit for the roles that she has been assigned, stressed, and determined to find herself while also determining a pathway for the imminent. We have our beautiful yet emotionally and tangible orphan person who’s just a mere tool for the upcoming war from a young age. The young lady grows up to be slightly unemotional and seems to be passive without any love or affection for her.
The main motivation of Violet is that she is always endeavoring to discover herself to find out who she is and what place does she hold in this world.

Overall
The movie is an absolute spectacle showing how it is a love letter to the anime community and how it does a commendable and outstanding job of placing both its viewers and newcomers together to an absolute blast of emotions and a prodigious story-telling. Some may say it’s too depressing, some may say that they weren’t satisfied don’t listen, just watch it on your own you’ll own if the anime is stirring your feelings. Yet another story influenced by war and moved by people looks on how the world should be and the loss of their special ones in war. The execution is flawless and that it is actually one of the most compelling anime out there. It deeply moves viewers with its breathtaking visuals and cheeky emotional breakdowns that occur throughout the story. The imagination that this anime brings up is beyond belief and it takes you to inherit some types of feelings that cannot be comprehended.
This is a mature anime that speaks to its audience about life and how complicated and tangled it is, yet how beautiful and painful and tragic it can be at the same time.
Is it worth the watch?
Absolutely.

Summer Ghost (ONE OF THE BEST UNDERRATED ANIME MOVIE)
Synopsis: "Have you heard of Summer Ghosts?" Tomoya, Aoi, and Ryo are high school students who met through the Internet. The urban legend of the Summer Ghost is that it is a ghost of a young woman who appears when fireworks are lit. Tomoya is unable to step out into the life he wants. Aoi is unable to find her place in the world. Ryo's bright future is suddenly closed to him. Each of them has their own reasons for meeting the Summer Ghost. On a summer night when life and death intersect, where will each of their thoughts go to?

Review:
Summer Ghost is a story about coming to terms with one's circumstances. This is conveyed through the medium of death, afterlife itself. The story follows three students: Tomoya, Aoi and Ryou who are juggling a myriad of life's adversaries. They lack an answer to their problems until the day of encounter with the eponymous 'Summer Ghost', Ayane. Their gathering, courtesy of Tomoya, allowed them to glean the perspective of the dead and come to understand that the conception of death is not something to be careless with. One should find meaning in their life and live it to the fullest especially when all hope is seemingly lost.

The story was conveyed nicely without bearing severe plot holes with respect to the central theme. Director loundraw who was responsible for character designs presented a more refreshing and captivating art style. The melody, OST soundtracks coupled with the dynamic animation was simply astounding. Enjoyment of a short film is highly dependent on the depth of immersion. The story inclusive of all other elements did the trick to entertain me from start to finish whilst sharing an important message.

Story
The story is about 3 teens who one day decided to investigate the rumored "Summer Ghost" who appears when you lit some fireworks at the certain location, and they go out and meet her. And this the only point where you feel calm because after then the Anime won't let you have a breath until the very end. The fast pacing aside, the story is pretty good given it's runtime, except it isn't well written cause there are some loose-ends it didn't cared enough to tie though I think it's fairly important. Summer Ghost centers on three high schoolers: Tomoya Sugisaki, Aoi Harukawa, and Ryou Kobayashi, who are all very different from one another and are going through their own struggles. Tomoya's controlling mother disapproves of his desire to paint and wants him to focus only on his studies. Aoi is being bullied at school, and attempted suicide once, and Ryou found out he doesn't have much longer to live. But all of them have one thing in common: They're interested in meeting the supposed summer ghost, said to be the ghost of a woman who committed suicide. After spending some time lighting fireworks, they manage to meet said summer ghost—a red haired woman named Ayane Satou. Mission fulfilled, Aoi and Ryou go back to their lives, but Tomoya begins seeing her alone, and after learning more about her, he, Aoi, and Ryou find themselves looking into just what happened to Ayane to make her like this, sorting through their own issues in the process.

Art
The art style looks really good. I've wondered who's creator behind it cause I had a feeling I saw something similar somewhere and turns out, the creator of this Anime, loundraw also worked as a character designer for Anime like Vivy, Tsuki ga Kirei and Pancreas movie but those aren't exactly what I had in my mind, so I watched all of his other works from his FLAT STUDIO (which are just ads/trailers for music videos, looks like this is their debut Anime project) and then I remembered I saw some of those ad clips in 2 or 3 AMVs. From the beautiful scenery to some complex shots, everything is really good and soothing to watch. But I liked LIE OF FALLING a lot. Art is amazing. Even though it lacks facial drawings. The scenery gave its best.

Characters:
Tomoya
- basically our POV character. He is someone who has a future but too scare to face the future. He's someone who doesn't want to look ahead and rather stand behind. Which was illustrated nicely in the beginning.
Ryou - someone who has so much ahead that he looks for but have so little time. Someone who wants to move forward but knowing he is limited on time.
Aoi - someone who is dealing with the present, being bullied and wanting to commit suicide. She is someone who is trying to overcome her everyday hardship.
Ayane - someone who has neither a future or a present, she is someone who is already gone.
It's really focus mainly on Tomoya learning to face that he needs to not be afraid to step forth to the future. And with Ayane help along with Ryou and Aoi, he learns to take that step. To not hate his life and seek the future. Each of them faces their own problems.

The ending is bittersweet... I won't spoil it but it's pretty simple really to pick up on it. It's a nice overall anime and I will say the music was gorgeous. What is it's biggest flaw and lacking? I didn't really like the coloring and character design at times. Since I had a hard time trying to figure out was that Tomoya or Ryou.

Overall
Summer Ghost was one of the shows that have exceeded my expectations.I have watched a few films and I would definitely add this to one of my most enjoyed films. The story was beautifully told and what made me like this film was the music that matched the scenes throughout the film. I would rewatch every scene twice or thrice to enjoy the film further. After watching this film I would listen to the music over and over again because it makes me feel at ease and calm. This film made me remember how beautiful story telling is when paired with the right tone and tracks. I would recommend this to any new fans of anime.
It's a short movie, if you have time, it's worth an watch. If you enjoy these type of simple theme anime like me, you'll enjoy it. If you don't, then it isn't really for you. It got it's message across nicely and simply. So as they say... "Seize the Day"

Life is beautiful and yet sometimes it feels like a curse. Sometimes one fails to cope with the unfairness of this world and ends up giving up thinking perhaps death might be a better option than their accursed life. But sometimes maybe all it takes is to view life from a different angle and realise how it should be.

Kizumonogatari I - III (3 PART MOVIE) i don't recommend this. may watch order ang Monogatari series :3
Synopsis:

Part 1: Iron-Blooded
During Koyomi Araragi's second year at Naoetsu Private High School, he has a chance encounter with Tsubasa Hanekawa, the top honor student in his class. When they strike up a conversation, Hanekawa mentions a shocking rumor: a vampire with beautiful blonde hair and freezing cold eyes has been seen lurking around town.Happy to have made a new friend, Araragi writes off the rumor and goes about the rest of his evening in a carefree manner. However, on his way home, he stumbles across splatters of blood leading down the stairs to the subway. His curiosity pushes him to investigate further, so he follows the gruesome pools into the depths of the station. When he arrives at the source of the blood, he is terrified by what he sees—the rumored blonde vampire herself, completely dismembered. After she calls for his help, Araragi must make a decision, one which carries the potential to change his life forever.
Part 2: Hot-Blooded No longer truly human, Koyomi Araragi decides to retrieve Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade's severed body parts that were stolen by three powerful vampire hunters. Awaiting him are Dramaturgie, a vampire hunter who is a vampire himself; Episode, a half-vampire with the ability to transform into mist; and Guillotinecutter, a human priest who is the most dangerous of them all.
Unbeknownst to Araragi, each minute he spends trying to retrieve Kiss-shot's limbs makes him less of a human and more of a vampire. Will he be able to keep his wish of becoming human once again by the end of his battles?
Part 3: Cold-Blooded After helping revive the legendary vampire Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade, Koyomi Araragi has become a vampire himself and her servant. Kiss-shot is certain she can turn him back into a human, but only once regaining her full power. Araragi has hunted down the three vampire hunters that defeated Kiss-shot and retrieved her limbs to return her to full strength. However, now that Araragi has almost accomplished what he’s been fighting for this whole time, he has to consider if this is what he really wants. Once he revives this powerful immortal vampire, there is no telling what she might do, and there would be no way of stopping her.But there is more to the story that Araragi doesn’t understand. If a newborn vampire like him could defeat the hunters, how did they overpower Kiss-shot? Can he trust her to turn him back to a human? And how is that even possible in the first place? Araragi is at his limit but he must come to a decision, and it may not be possible to resolve this situation without doing something he’ll regret

Story:
The story is great, and it has the same Monogatari feel as usual. Its basically an origin story for Araragi and it delivers on that. I don't want to give away any plot details so I won't, because I think you should watch these movies for yourself. The pacing is actually very good, which surprised me because I expected something very sluggish after watching Bakemonogatari, but it surprised me by keeping me engaged for the whole time. It has some weird edits and cuts that can be expected because its basically what makes this series unique. It only got in the way of my enjoyment a few times but overall pretty good story pacing. The story is filled with dialogue once again, which is no fault, just sorta a quirk of the series. It has some action scenes that can very violent thrown in. And when I say violent, I mean violent, like lots of decapitation, ripping off limbs, lots and LOTS of blood, and one scene of a vampire eating a person's corpse.

The film progresses as we see a rampant return of the eloquence of visuals, symbolism and long chats that have left a mark on anime by the now known "The Monogatari Series". Reiketsu unites the presence of Monogatari by displaying thought and process of our main character Araragi Koyomi and the familiar Monologues as we se how Araragi opens up his conscious and spills it right before all of us all and notice how he has changed. Reiketsu shows us how is it that Araragi came to be as characters and show the transition to us all by splitting up the process.

As on Tekketsu (Iron Blooded), Kizumonogatari is Visceral as it appealed to human instinct of its rawness but also included a conversation oriented presentation that carried the first act.
Nekketsu (Hot Blooded) focused more on youth, The youth of our characters reminding us just how over their heads the main protagonist are, being Hanekawa Tsubasa and Araragi Koyomi. It imposed the rampant sexuality and the ego of our characters and it brought forth action to the table that greatly differs from the first act, Tekketsu.
Reiketsu (Cold Blooded) in the other hand combined all of that, and brought us the current formula of Monogatari as the last piece of the puzzle is unlocked and we get those ever so necessary inner monologues showing us the how! of how can someone who lives on being spontaneous and show us the results that it carry. It also shows us the result of forbidden knowledge, as the more you know, the less safer the world becomes. Reiketsu at large, It can be called the very beginning of the franchise of The Monogatari formula, it can also be the start of series itself but buried in all that, Reiketsu was the conclusion and acceptance to the end of ordinary lives that will from now on live knowing of the supernatural.

Art / Animation
Shaft really outdid themselves with this final arc, and brought us more fluidity we ever dreamt off to the screen surpassing the preceding films in the direction of visuals and their rawness, the combination of 3D CGI with 2D artistry of the highest caliber showcased on a eccentric but fully working presentation that the trilogy is. as well as honoring the culture of animation now that it has become a well define characteristic of the new culture of japan, that marvelously attracts new blood to japan enticed for the ever newer pile of contribution to society with impact on international scale. The fighting scenes in Part 3 is mind blowing. It's probably one of the best animated fighting scenes of all time. It's art style and how smoothly the animation is simply mind blowing. Every detail in every frame, you could tell that the studio really put effort into the animation. This is not your typical fighting scenes where it lack frames or lost in consistency of animation. Every frame in the fighting scene and the whole movie itself has perfect consistency in the animation and it's art.

Characters
Our characters, Oshino Meme, Araragi Koyomi, Kiss-Shot Acerola-Orion Heart-Under-Blade lastly Tsubasa Hanekawa were associated on exceptionally strange ways that your standard introduction, As their communication feels timelined of progress helped by very much coordinated visuals and ever exact sound headings. Our characters are weaved on the string of obliviousness, youth and experience. weaving them contrastingly at the end of the day introducing us in split acts the meeting up of an arrangement and the buiding squares of a character we've delighted in for quite a long time on the Monogatari establishment.
Enjoyment. the relationship between Hanekawa and Araragi is fantastic. Each character interaction between them feels genuine and real, which just ups the quality of the anime ten fold. This also brings me to the Character Interactions. They are great, and they stick to the characters very well. Its mostly made up of Character Interaction so it can be expected to be good. Each emotion feels real and realistically leads to something that would be expected. Very good in that department.

Overall
Kizu is creative expressionism in every sense of the word. Whether you enjoy its style is very much dependent on you. It captures a familiar coming-of-age narrative through the use of blood, lust, and superstition - playing into the horrors of navigating through young adult life. Its comedic insanity, brutal gore, and hornier-than-thou approach are matched by a surgically assured sense of freedom. As problematic of a character as he is, Araragi is so superbly developed, and his arc is masterfully woven into the story. A world so creatively weird and different as this will always draw me in, which is why I think it’s a masterpiece - in the most subjectively objective way possible. In conclusion, I would still recommend everyone to watch the entire series but if you already tried watching Bakemonogatari and it wasn't really your thing, dont worry, because this trilogy will definitely convince you that Monogatari can be absolutely amazing. "If you were to die tomorrow, I'd be fine with tomorrow being the last day of my life." "If you were to live through today, I will also chose to live through today." my fav quotes in Kizumono

Spirited Away
Synopsis:
Stubborn, spoiled, and naïve, 10-year-old Chihiro Ogino is less than pleased when she and her parents discover an abandoned amusement park on the way to their new house. Cautiously venturing inside, she realizes that there is more to this place than meets the eye, as strange things begin to happen once dusk falls. Ghostly apparitions and food that turns her parents into pigs are just the start—Chihiro has unwittingly crossed over into the spirit world. Now trapped, she must summon the courage to live and work amongst spirits, with the help of the enigmatic Haku and the cast of unique characters she meets along the way. Vivid and intriguing, Sen to Chihiro no Kamikakushi tells the story of Chihiro's journey through an unfamiliar world as she strives to save her parents and return home.

Story & Characters

Art / Animation
Spirited Away is an anime, after all—the animation is absolutely stunning; when has Miyazaki ever delivered anything less? Every color is nothing short of striking. Each character is fully detailed and Masashi Ando’s character designs are well-suited to the film while clothing is full of natural textures. Each location, from the town we see in the film's opening to the bathhouse where the bulk of the film takes place, is mesmerizing. Every object is well-detailed—is that a box of Kit Kat bars in the car at the film's opening? Every creature is well-drawn and believable within the world the film creates, while the CGI such as that used during the train sequence enhances rather than denigrates the film. All things considered, the team at Studio Ghibli did a real job animating Spirited Away.

Overall
i love watching this anime and i could watch it over and over like i always do without any single complaint. everything was perfectly done its one of a kind masterpiece that i will keep on watching until i die .. the emotions and the lesson on "what is truly valuable and important" is given in a way that you wont forget no matter how hard you try. the story gave me so much to my life.

Rascal does not dream of dreaming girl [ you can download this movie here on katz!]
Synopsis: Six months ago, Sakuta Azusagawa had a chance encounter with a bunny girl in a library. Ever since then, he's been blissfully happy with his girlfriend: Mai Sakurajima, that same bunny girl. However, the reappearance of his mysterious first crush, the now-adult Shouko Makinohara, adds a new complication to his relationship with Mai. To make matters worse, he then encounters a middle school Shouko in the hospital, suffering from a grave illness. Mysteriously, his old scars begin throbbing whenever he's near her.With Shouko's bizarre situation somehow revolving around him, Sakuta will need to come to terms with his own conflicting feelings, for better or worse. With a girl's life in his hands, just what can he do?

Story
While the storyline was deep and complex, it was just too much content to fit within an hour and a half. You could get easily lost in the plot, which means rewatching this movie isn’t a bad idea. The only main thing I didn’t care for was, again, the pacing of the storyline. The reason for this was because I felt like the emotional moments derived a lot more “screen time” than they got. I felt like some of the scenarios were just so natural, while others felt forced and rushed. There wasn’t too much character progression either, but that’s mainly because most of the focus is on Shouko. We did get to see a more unique side of Mai though as the storyline progressed, which added to the even more dramatic feel of the movie. This movie didn’t nearly have as many funny moments as the anime, but it was rather focused more on the drama aspect this time around. Without rewatching it, you may feel lost or even forget the significance that Shouko has in Sakutas life. So I highly recommend you do so before starting the movie, as this will increase your appreciation for the overall storyline. The character progression that Shouko did gain was somewhat average. There just wasn’t enough time to develop her fully with the complex plot at hand, since more time was put into trying to bring the storyline together and explain it along the way.

Arts / Animation
The same beautiful art style was incorporated into this film, but with added benefits. With more attention being brought to the detail of background settings, the overall atmosphere felt much more authentic. The color palette had matched with the seasons, resulting in a realistic winter that contributed to the mood. When it came to the character designs and animations, nothing was especially lacking. The camera shots though, were at some places a bit excessive. This may be due to the quicker pace of the storyline though. I enjoyed the attention to animated details such as the snow or water, which added to the mood even more.

Characters
The characters are the ones carrying the movie just as they did in the show. Since I have already included the character arcs and their scores in the story section, this section will be judging them more on their personalities and whether the characters are one-dimensional or not. Since most side characters have had their stories concluded in the prequel, the characters I will be talking about will be the main trio: Sakuta, Mai and Shouko. I want to point out that all the characters are written to be pretty consistent to their counterparts in the prequel for the most part, which is usually a pretty difficult thing to do in a sequel. The first main character is Sakuta who, in my opinion, is one of the best written teenage characters alongside Hachiman and Araragi. Although he is not the most relatable character, his backstory, including his character growth (especially in the first season) along with his incredibly witty personality surpasses many characters that I have seen, not just in anime. Mai is another character that is wonderfully written who shines even more when paired together with Sakuta. Their relationship together is probably one of the best in a rom-com as their personalities complement each other so well. Shouko is the last of the main cast and even though she is definitely the weakest character of the three, she still serves her purpose and the child version of Shouko has enough of a backstory and personality for the viewers to care about her

Overall
It’s probably not surprising that I enjoyed the movie quite a bit, likely due to the inclusion of some of my favorite characters. However despite the problems I have with the story and character arcs, I actually found the concept of the story to be an ideal follow up to the conclusion of the prequel and Sakuta’s character arc is also one of my favorite arcs (not including the last chapter of the movie obviously) in the entire franchise. I was also thankful that the movie did not have a generic love triangle plot that I feared it would have after reading the synopsis. The movie is quite a lot more depressing than its predecessor which is amplified when the emotional moments and the weight of the entire situation are both portrayed almost flawlessly on Sakuta along with the rest of the cast, which in turn, left an emotional impact on me. As you may have surmised from the above comments, I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. The movie is not only a great sequal, but it could easily stand alone as one of the greatest of all time, in terms of Rom-Com. Honestly though how can you not enjoy something like Mai-san being on the big screen. As i said before it makes you laugh, it makes you cry, it makes you feel emotions you probably haven't felt in a while. While it does have a much darker tone the the anime, it didn't feel that way as the movie went on. The mixture of comedy and sadness was done to perfection and made it flow seamlessly. The movie was an hour and 40 minutes and it felt like it was only 20. I was so engaged in what i was watching that I didn't care that i had to get up and go to work the next morning. It draws you in, takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride that most would enjoy to the fullest and then leaves you with a very, very good taste in your mouth. I recommend this to anyone. Same for the anime itself.

Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time
Synopsis:
Following NERV's failed attempt to retrieve the Spears of Longinus and carry out the Human Instrumentality Project, the destruction caused by the Fourth Impact has been largely averted. In a state of disarray, Shinji Ikari, Asuka Langley Shikinami, and Rei Ayanami travel to Village 3—a survivor settlement free from Earth's ruination. There, Shinji slowly comes to terms with his past, developing an entirely different life from his days as an Evangelion pilot. Meanwhile, NERV makes preparations to continue the Instrumentality Project by means of a new Impact. When WILLE's main aerial battleship arrives at the village, Shinji decides to board, believing that he can help by piloting an Evangelion. As new secrets are uncovered and a battle between WILLE and NERV approaches, the future of Earth hangs in the balance. Can Shinji save humanity and the rest of the world one last time?

Story
Evangelion tells a succinct and stunning story that tracks the emotional ordeal of its teenage hero characters, which stand as the solitary fighters of the war that humans don't stand a chance of winning. They're required to pilot gargantuan machinelike monsters (considered as Evas) to battle intractable enemy ones, called Angels. There's a massive count of people who live and breathe anime this is for them. With dozens of industry giants agitating out so many shows since Evangelion first came out as a mecha show that stole hearts away, today there isn't a shortage of shows of the same genre to watch, and the creators know their audience. They know what people want to watch nowadays; and the ability to live a fictional world that makes you feel authoritative, be adored for, and free from realism. To stand up with the best, with the likes of Evangelion 2.0 and 3.0 this movie is a masterpiece.

Animation
The movie can be appreciated on a purely filmic level, as a mecha head trip. The images are created as an amalgam of hand-down and the CG simulation that allows complete flexibility of crusade, with some glimpses that swoop all around and through the cleverly complex machinery. The development of each of these new high-tech geniuses such as the space battleship Wunder, which has decks and wings prickling in all directions, like a giant robot's army knife – has an operational sense of scale. (The smart mechanism is designed by Ikuto Yamashita). All I could say about the animations briefly is that it was phenomenal. The art is stunningly beautiful. The colors were appetizing to look at. The bright colors, incredible 3D animations, jaw-dropping landscapes, nods to previous Evangelion works, beautiful character design, and all the little things about the film were a sight to see. I felt the passion of the people behind this masterpiece and it shows how dedicated they were to create this. Best animated work ever made.

Characters
I really like the characters in this, they've really developed them quite nicely over the span on the film, with pretty much every character having their personalities and everything fleshed out and really make them feel like they've matured since the beginning of the series. There's really not much to say aside from this, aside from maybe the designs of both the characters and Eva's, and that hasn't really changed too drastically, but there were some new pretty interesting designs I quite liked, I really love the humanoid look of the Eva units and I don't think I'll ever get tired of that type of mecha design

Overall
The perfect conclusion to the Evangelion series while doing things and going places I would have never expected Evangelion to go. The entire story revolves around the consequences of the previous films and how our characters are dealing with the new world on top of their own personal insecurities. The art style of the film varied throughout its run while consistently looking phenomenal, the callbacks to the final two episodes during the train sequence was specifically amazing. Frames from the original series would be recreated in the new art style which was really cool to see. This is a masterpiece. A work of pure art and human story-telling. A representation of the way of life. It's not perfect, because there's nothing that can be described as "perfect" in life Goodbye, all of Evangelion. It was nice knowing you.

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Synopsis: On a cold December day, Kyon arrives at school prepared for another outing with his fellow SOS Brigade members. However, much to his surprise, he discovers that almost everything has changed completely: Haruhi Suzumiya and Itsuki Koizumi are nowhere to be found; Mikuru Asahina does not recognize him at all; Yuki Nagato is a regular human; and Ryouko Asakura has mysteriously returned. Although he is no stranger to the supernatural, Kyon is disturbed by this odd turn of events and decides to investigate on his own. Finding himself to be the only person that is aware of the previous reality, Kyon is now faced with a difficult choice: to finally live the normal life he has always wanted, or uncover a way to turn back the hands of time and restore his chaotic yet familiar world.

Story
I found the plot very interesting because they show you how the characters react to the events of Haruhi's disappearance(specifically Kyon). Within the original two seasons of the show Kyon is always complaining about all the ridiculous things that Haruhi gets him and the rest of the S.O.S Brigade into. But after she disappears and he is in a world that he has no problems to complain about, he freaks out and investigates how he could change it back. They also go and show great development on Yuki when she has more emotions. Overall i found the plot pretty well driven and had a slightly slow pace, with an ending that doesn't really end. But i never found myself asking what happens next, it was a pretty satisfying show from beginning to end

Animation
I think that before I dive into the inner workings of the characters, the intriguing themes and plot and its relationship to and impact on the series, the production side of the movie should be addressed and gotten out of the way. Quite simply, the movie is beautifully animated. The character designs are the same as in the show and continue to portray the Kyoto animation essence which seems to radiate off every character they produce. The settings and backgrounds in the movie are brilliantly created, harbouring a realistic vibe while never becoming out of place or too realistic compared to the traditional Kyoto feel of the character designs, making a perfect balance to the visuals. There are stunning moments in the movie which are elevated by the attention to detail and care that Kyoto animation put into this movie, as well as all their other productions, such as the Kyon scene in the final act (which we'll talk about more later), the computer and Kyon scene (Won't spoil) and of course THE Yuki ending scene to the movie. The colour pallet of the movie is incredible, constantly jumping between different background colours and shades and lighting depending on the character's emotions at the time, or when a key moment is about to occur. Overall, unsurprisingly Kyoto did not miss on the animation front, bringing their lively character designs and masterful use of backgrounds and colours to elevate what is currently happening on the screen. However, and i can't quite believe I’m saying this, the animation was NOT the best productive quality of this movie because Kyoto completely out done themselves with the OST, which we will promptly analyse.

Characters
This, for me at least, is the key pull factor of not just the movie, but the series. Throughout the anime, we are introduced and exposed to some of the most enjoyable and entertaining characters of all time (IMO) with one of the most, if not the most, unique and interesting group dynamics in the history of media. During the series, it is a very happy-go-lucky tone where every episode and arc is a different shenanigan caused by Haruhi and is put in a very happy, comedic light (with the exception of the endless eight arc). The movie, however, completely turns this upside down and “the characters we loved” (different but not, wont spoil) are exposed to a completely different tone, allowing us to see different sides to these seemingly enjoyable and cheery characters. Kyon is taken away from the life he felt that he had no choice in living and one where he felt that he had to constantly change to Haruhi’s whim. He felt obligated to stay apart of the SOS brigade and at times questioned whether this was what he truly wanted. After all, he’s an ordinary teenager surrounded by Esper’s, a God like being and the like. However, the movie/a certain character offers Kyon an out. He has a chance to stay in this “world” where the SOS Brigade was never formed and Haruhi never reeled him in. The movie really plays with this all throughout the run time, as each time he edges one step closer back to returning to the world he at one time hated, he can’t help but wonder if it would be better to stay here and live an ordinary life. This builds up and bubble’s over in the climax to the movie where Kyon has to come to a decision, in a scene which is to this day one of the most brilliantly produced monologues and overall scenes in anime. Kyon has an amazing character arc in this movie and elevates this movie to new heights, yet I can’t help but wonder if another character takes the limelight of the movie. I won’t say who or why as it is basically the entire mystery, twist and in some ways the cause and origin of the movie, so you’ll have to watch it for yourself. But, take my word, the character’s in this movie, their developments, their struggles, their convictions and realisations accumulate to make the finest casts an anime has to offer.

Overall
Disappearance is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. In hindsight, it probably worked as well as it did because it's a feature length film. I didn't care about Kyoani's decision about the 2nd season or the Endless Eight fiasco, I'm just glad that they made this into a movie instead of just part of the series. I strongly recommend this to anybody who enjoys movies in general. I still think the 1st and 2nd season were nothing special, but Disappearance is just in a league of its own

Should you watch the movie? Yes.
Should you watch the movie without seeing the anime? Never.
Should you watch the movie without seeing the endless eight arc? Sure, you can but you would not be able to understand the emotions felt by Yuki Nagato as they are essential to understand her and the movie too.

It's a beautiful movie which tells a story about a confused man & a lonely woman made by amazing people with careful attention to detail. It has made me reflect that I too want to be considered special by someone and want to appreciate the other special people in my life. Despite the occasional times (not if it is constantly on your mind) where you wish that life was this way or that way, "Disappearance" perfectly demonstrates why your current life and the people you love are irreplaceable. It has also made me realise that there are many people who are struggling in the background away from the spotlight where it is difficult to notice them, a gentle hand would mean the world to them. So in conclusion, Beautiful Movie

A silent voice
[ A MASTERPIECE MOVIE] WATCH THIS MOVIE BEFORE YOU D13
Synopsis: As a wild youth, elementary school student Shouya Ishida sought to beat boredom in the cruelest ways. When the deaf Shouko Nishimiya transfers into his class, Shouya and the rest of his class thoughtlessly bully her for fun. However, when her mother notifies the school, he is singled out and blamed for everything done to her. With Shouko transferring out of the school, Shouya is left at the mercy of his classmates. He is heartlessly ostracized all throughout elementary and middle school, while teachers turn a blind eye. Now in his third year of high school, Shouya is still plagued by his wrongdoings as a young boy. Sincerely regretting his past actions, he sets out on a journey of redemption: to meet Shouko once more and make amends.

Koe no Katachi tells the heartwarming tale of Shouya's reunion with Shouko and his honest attempts to redeem himself, all while being continually haunted by the shadows of his past.

- Everyone in the world is distinctive, each person having both positive and negative aspects about them, and every society is known for their own distinctive features. There are those who disagree with this view as nothing more than a blind and false generalization, and there are those who completely agree with it. Both ways of thinking, in my opinion, are unnecessarily exaggerated. The best solution for this is a balance, as we cannot hide one society’s trait, nor can we realistically say that a whole society belongs to a certain feature. For example, Japanese people are considered to be people who love a clean environment, so, does that mean that every single Japanese acts in this manner? Certainly not, but most of them do act upon this certain trait. The characteristics of a society are important for identifying an important case, and that is that the goals of a story are to display those attributes in a precise manner, and to display the solutions that can be found in a literary artistic context, and not in an informative one. The Anime movie, Koe no Katachi, presents a social issue of Japanese society. So, how credible is this particular movie? How good is it’s credibility, and what are it’s positive aspects, and it’s negative ones?

Story
To start off with the story, it is supposed to be an autobiography about a young guy called Shouya, and the movie displays what occurs in his life from his elementary school days up until he reaches high school, and that is by highlighting the events that had a relation with him bullying and picking on his deaf classmate, a girl by the name of Shouko. So, what are the consequences of his insolent actions? And what will happen in this regard? This is the structure of the story, and it is rather good, because this structure depends on two essential elements that rarely fail. The first element, is picking the prospective of the story to be an autobiography. The best thing about picking an autobiography as a story is the fact that the viewer’s attachment during the story, and even after the story had concluded, is set on a human, and not on an object or a place. Meaning that the attachment of the viewer is not on an event or a set of particular events, nor on any action sequences, nor anything else. The attachment of the viewer is solely on a person with realistic features and components, aka a human. This is useful due to the fact that the viewer feels that they have identified and related with a human on an emotional scale. The second essential element of this story, is that the movie highlights interesting occurrences that go on in that character’s life. I can safely say that the story of Shouya, from him picking on his classmate Shouko, and the effect that had on their lives and on their classmates, is very intriguing to look at and watch.

The beginning of the movie was light and quickly used a hook that was impactful, even if I found the hook to be used way too early on in the story, because the time between that particular hook, until we reach the dilemma of the story, is long enough to the point where it can lessen the effect of that strong hook later on in the story. As for the events, I find that the script was very useful in portraying each and every single event, because I did not find one event with little to no meaning, and there are two essential categories that the writer used when it came to the events: Events which were centered around building the story, and events that were pivotal to the story. I really liked how these events were distributed throughout the narrative, and the way the writer dealt with them, due to the fact that many writers don’t know how to execute the events that build the story in an interesting manner. Usually, these events are dull, and the reason for that is due to the fact that they are non-interactive and their mission is to build characteristics within the characters in order to crystallize a pivotal event. I was surprised though, that these beginning events were more interesting than boring, and the reason for that is thanks to the realistic nature of the dialogue

Characters
The characters here were fairly realistic, and they reflect on the age group they were placed in in a very precise way, whether they were in elementary school or when they became high schoolers, and it is an effort that deserves respect. Moreover, the Japanese values that are displayed here and the degree of emotion that characterizes the Japanese is correct, and that is very excellent. The way of communication between the students, the two genders and the general etiquette of Japanese society is to be found. Subsequently, the film was able to present a true image to a very good degree of the society it was representing. Unfortunately, there is a problem to be found in the duration of the film, which is that I find it to be longer than it needs to be. The length of the whole movie is a timely two hours and ten minutes, and this is a fatal mistake that cannot be overlooked. All of the characters and the events would have needed an hour and a half at most for them to be fleshed out accordingly, and if the staff had stuck to an hour and a half, then that would have greatly benefited both the movie and the audience as well. As for the climax of the story, it was written both emotionally and cleverly, and in a way that was harmonious to the narrative. The ending, though fairly normal and drab, is still credible in accordance to the events that take place in the movie. There is a dramatic exaggeration that I didn’t find good though, and a negative point that spoils the ending a little, which is Shouya’s dramatic reaction at the end. This particular scene is challenging to settle, as the producers messed up on this one. It doesn’t really ravage the film entirely, but it surely mitigates the strong emotional impact that could have been reaped.

Animation / Music
Sounds and animation can arguably be the most powerful tools for an anime, either shaping an excellent story to something with little value, or bringing out a new world out of the words on a page. In that, it is safe to say that, once again, KyoAni did not disappoint. A Silent Voice is, frankly speaking, breathtaking. The warm palette bring out the beauty in even the smallest of moments, from a tiny splash, to the burst of fireworks. Every scene is a painting, a world in a canvas that magnifies the value of each frame alongside a touching dash of piano keys, woven into an orchestra of colors, imagery and sound. The scenes are consistently harmonious with the art and noise, directing a flood of tears at every sad, beautiful and painful moment. Again, it is very simply breathtaking.

Overall
For my final thoughts, I think it’s a really beautiful movie. Not only in visuals, but also in how it tells a story with a beautiful realization. It grabs your attention by the premise, sufficiently paces the story well, and brings an impressive conclusion. It’s something that does leave quite the emotional impact while justifying the circumstances that lead up to it. If you think its main focus is about victimization of disabled people, glorification of mental health, or a one huge “Be nice to everyone” moral story, try to reconsider your thoughts. Koe no Katachi is more than that. It’s a conscious take on what it means to forgive others and one’s self. With that, I consider it as one of the most moving stories I’ve ever experienced and it’s something that I’ll recommend to everyone with no hesitation. This movie will take you through a ride of emotions, it tackles heavy and serious themes, so prepare yourself as this is not your cliche happy go lucky anime. But this is definitely something you should watch and I think you won't regret seeing it.

Tamako Love Story
(I recommend watch the series first "Tamako Market before Tamako love story)
Synopsis: As the seasons pass by, the end of Mochizou Ooji's third and final school year quickly approaches. He aims to study at a university in Tokyo, but at the cost of leaving behind his loved ones—including his beloved childhood crush, Tamako Kitashirakawa. Having no such plans for the future, Tamako will merely remain in town to work at her family's humble mochi shop. As the time for Mochizou's departure draws closer, the reserved young man must gather up the courage to confess his feelings to Tamako before it is too late—lest his love go unnoticed forever.

Story
The story revolves around Tamako and Mochizou's relationship with each other. As they are childhood friends, it's quite obvious that they've developed feelings for one another but struggle to confess them to the other person. And of course this ends up turning into a comedic storyline as to who confesses first and the other person's reaction and afterthoughts. It adds romance to the SoL/comedy genre which Tamako Market is originally based on and the combination works well. Only criticism I can give is that the ending is too short. Perhaps Tamako and Mochizou could exchange some words with each other before the movie ends

Characters
Tamako and Mochizou, are able to shine so brightly. They are portrayed as realistic teenagers who have barely scratched the surface of love. Because of their inexperience, we see them stumble and try to find answers—sometimes awkwardly, sometimes painfully—on how to respond to each other's feelings. So much so, that their feelings transcend fiction into our world, creating an emotional connection between us and them. It's what being genuine can do to a story. Their history as childhood friends shows us just how long-lasting their bonds are, and I can't help but to root for their success. Some of Isaac Newton's references, in particular with the analogy to gravity, is also used to metaphorically compare Tamako's whole bewilderment. These small details might be subtle, but they work wonder to construct the characters in a bigger picture.

It's also worth mentioning that other characters complement the main pair as well, especially one of Tamako's friend named Midori. Similar to Mochizou, she too views Tamako as someone more than just friends, but it's made clear her character arc is a bittersweet one. Following her battles against her own feelings is a painful reminder that not everyone will get the happiness they so desired. While it certainly hurts, she's the one who grows with the strongest resolution, making her a character of great contrast. And all the pieces of the film gradually build up into an excellent ending of considerable impact. I'll just say that it's one that gives us a sense of satisfaction but at the same time, it also leaves us longing for more. It simply is the perfect embodiment of yearning sweetness—just like love.

Animation
This is a Kyoto Animation anime so you will be having a lot of colorful and beautiful environments and top notch designs and the characters will look beautiful and cute (The eyes are as sparkle as ever)
Animations look sharp and detailed and there is a lot of attention to simple movements and gestures

Overall
this movie was really good! It's like your classic cute romance story between two teenagers, but in a way that's not boring or clique. It might sound corny, but the movie really holds a place in my heart. The overall story, the characters, and beautiful scenes really attached to me and I almost felt sad when it ended. The ending was really good and I wished they continued the movie with another series. Watching this movie really makes me want to go back and watch the anime series, even though the series doesn't really focus on the romance between the two teenagers.

- Love is an existence that is often hard to grasp. It's a human experience that is profound yet fragile, sweet yet bitter, and familiar yet foreign. For many people, it's a powerful source of change in their life. So, when simplicity and mastery combine together to capture the delicate rawness of young love, a beauty is able to bloom among all the swaying emotions; the beauty that we call Tamako Love Story.

Howl's moving castle
Synopsis:
That jumbled piece of architecture, that cacophony of hissing steam and creaking joints, with smoke billowing from it as it moves on its own... That castle is home to the magnificent wizard Howl, infamous for both his magical prowess and for being a womanizer—or so the rumor goes in Sophie Hatter's small town. Sophie, as the plain daughter of a hatmaker, does not expect much from her future and is content with working hard in the shop. However, Sophie's simple life takes a turn for the exciting when she is ensnared in a disturbing situation, and the mysterious wizard appears to rescue her. Unfortunately, this encounter, brief as it may be, spurs the vain and vengeful Witch of the Waste—in a fit of jealousy caused by a past discord with Howl—to put a curse on the maiden, turning her into an old woman. In an endeavor to return to normal, Sophie must accompany Howl and a myriad of eccentric companions—ranging from a powerful fire demon to a hopping scarecrow—in his living castle, on a dangerous adventure as a raging war tears their kingdom apart.

Basically the story is about a young girl name Sophie, who believes that it is impossible for her to have a fun an exciting life. That all changed when she decides to go out on an errand from her safe haven called home. She is then cursed by a witch, and becomes an old lady and somehow is able to live with Howl in his moving castle.

Story & Characters

Arts / Animation
This is easily what contributes the most to the entire movie. As we have come to expect from Studio Ghibli, Howl's Moving Castle was an exceptionally beautiful film. The highly detailed background renders were superb and featured all sorts of fantastical elements, giving the environment a wonderful personality. The streets and storefronts were inviting and cheerful, and the darker alleyways held a mystery of their own. The characters were all wonderfully animated, especially Howl, who transformed slickly between his human and harpy-like form.

The design for the castle was especially fun. As more or less a gigantic heap of metal parts, its lack of uniformity gave the viewer a lot to look at, and all of it was interesting. It was also great to see rooms and halls within the castle shift, contract, and expand as Howl magicked them around.

Overall
This movie made me want to do reviews on a regular basis from now on instead of discussing it with my friends, because i love sharing my opinions and seeing other people's opinions on certain things even if i disagree. What i'm trying to say is, i guess i have a new favorite movie. Highly recommend to anyone who loves fantasy or just inspirational films in general. This film is a great family movie, that will be enjoyable even for non-anime fans. It will touch your heart, make you laugh, and make you cry. You will be astonished by visuals, and you will find yourself humming the soundtrack. Howl's Moving Castle is a definite must watch.

HONORABLE MENTIONS

- fate stay night heaven's feel TRILOGY

THE ANIMATION IS DOPE

SABER ALTER VS RIDER [ Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel III. spring song ]

SABER ALTER VS BERSERKER [ Fate/stay night: Heaven's Feel II Lost Butterfly ]

If you’ve read this whole thing then thanks. I spent ages (3-4 hours) writing it because I like to share what i've watched. :)

SHOULD I DO PART 2? HMM? BTW ILANG ANIME MOVIE NA NAPANOOD MO RITO SA AKING FAV WATCHLIST? :3
Watched 5/10 sa mga favorites mo, mostly yung galing studio ghibli, then maganda nga a silent voice ;D
Dagdag mo na diyan dalawa kong favorites! 'I want to eat your pancreas' at 'Hello World'! Promise I recommend! HAHAHAH

OP
Luckysaint 340

Luckysaint

ᴇxᴄᴏᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴄᴀᴅᴏ
Ardent
Access
Reaction score
grants
₲23,646
1 years of service
Watched 5/10 sa mga favorites mo, mostly yung galing studio ghibli, then maganda nga a silent voice ;D
Dagdag mo na diyan dalawa kong favorites! 'I want to eat your pancreas' at 'Hello World'! Promise I recommend! HAHAHAH
napanood ko narin yung "Hello world at I want to eat your pancreas" sir @Rankine <3 balak ko ulit gumawa ng part 2. kaso tinatamad pako NYAHAHAHAHAHA
hulaan ko yung 5 na napanood mo sa list ko :3
1. Spirited Away
2. Howl's moving Castle
3. A silent voice
4. Rascal does not dream of dreaming girl
5. Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time

btw try mo sir @Rankine yung "Ride your wave / maquia / The Girl Who Leapt Through Time / perfect blue / The Tunnel to Summer, the Exit of Goodbyes / penguin highway / etc

Rankine 0

Rankine

The Educator ☣️
Ardent
Access
Reaction score
grants
₲1,598
1 years of service
napanood ko narin yung "Hello world at I want to eat your pancreas" sir @Rankine <3 balak ko ulit gumawa ng part 2. kaso tinatamad pako NYAHAHAHAHAHA
hulaan ko yung 5 na napanood mo sa list ko :3
1. Spirited Away
2. Howl's moving Castle
3. A silent voice
4. Rascal does not dream of dreaming girl
5. Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 Thrice Upon a Time

btw try mo sir @Rankine yung "Ride your wave / maquia / The Girl Who Leapt Through Time / perfect blue / The Tunnel to Summer, the Exit of Goodbyes / penguin highway / etc
Aye! sige matry yang mga recommend mo sakin HAHA. ALSO DAMN, PERFECT 5/5 HAHAHA

Top Bottom