Mainak Mitra, "Mastering Gradle: Master the technique of developing, migrating, and building automation using Gradle"
English | 2015 | pages: 285 | ISBN: 1783981369 | PDF | 16,2 mb
Master the technique of developing, migrating, and building automation using Gradle
About This Book
- Create new plugins to get customized features to suit your needs
- Build projects like Java, Scala, and web applications using Gradle
- A step-by-step guide that will help you to build and deploy Android mobile apps with Gradle
If you are a developer with some experience in build tool and want to become an expert in build tool, then this book is for you. Basic knowledge of Gradle or any other build tool is essential.
What You Will Learn
- Create and develop a build system with Gradle
- Understand Groovy basics and key features to write Gradle scripts
- Explore the important features of Gradle: task management, plugin management, and dependency management
- Walkthrough various in-built Gradle plugins, such as Java, Scala, War, Ant, Maven, and many others
- Master the migration techniques from build tools such as Ant and Maven into Gradle
- Integrate Gradle with popular continuous integration tools such as Jenkins and TeamCity
With Gradle, you can efficiently build automation framework along with some flexible alternatives to customized build logic. This book starts with sound basics about build automation and how Gradle fits into this automation. It then moves on to give you a good exposure on Groovy―a scripting language used to write Gradle―and helps you understand a key elements of Groovy programming language. In the following chapters, you will deal with task management and learn how to integrate Ant tasks into build scripts. Furthermore, you will learn dependency management, plugin management, and its configuration techniques in Gradle. You will also get hands-on with building and testing projects using Gradle. You will then begin to cover diverse topics, such as Continuous Integration with Jenkins and TeamCity, Migration strategies, and Deployment, which enables you to learn concepts useful for Agile software development. Finally, you will also learn how to create a simple mobile application using Android and explore how Gradle can help you to build and test the application.
Recommend Download Link Hight Speed | Please Say Thanks Keep Topic Live